Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

18 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

This is honestly a fair assessment. I was against both drafting Zion and Chet because their bodies I just didn't think (rightly so) would hold up. So I guess the question is why would I feel differently about Wemby and the risk there?

I guess I've never thought Wemby was too skinny for his size maybe. I've always compared him to Anthony Davis but slightly taller with slightly more coordination, which Davis didn't have a significant history of injury until a few seasons in. 

If that's the projection, you don't trade that for the package at hand. 

Wembanyama is different though.. He has Alien feet. Pre Game he always gets extra treatment on that foot. 

it’s just a risk nobody can really calculate. One problem is that he only plays national league games. If only he stayed in the EuroLeague, we would know better if he could handle the extra tear and wear.. But that was obviously the agenda to make sure there is no significant red flags..

That said, i’d always draft Wembanyama and it would take a significant and meaningful offer like that proposed Portland deal. I’m not sure i’d be interested in anything the Pistons could offer. Indianas offer wouldn’t intrigue me too much and Houston would have to pay multiple picks.. 

On 5/7/2023 at 5:35 PM, orlandoholic said:

no here’s a question.. If we get the Number 1 pick and Portland gets the third pick, do we make a trade with them?

Would they offer Simons+ Sharpe+ 3rd for G. Harris+ filler+1st? And would we accept?

Under no circumstances do we trade that pick. I had a dream they won the lottery and it was joked about how they did it back to back in the 90's too. If anything you offer Fultz, Isaac, CHI 1st, 2024 1st and whoever the hell you want for Luka. 

I am NOT anti-Fultz. I am simply pro Banchero-Wagner-Wembenyama-Doncic

They'd be goddamn unstoppable 

i would not offer fultz    he is the heart of the team     anything else to make this happen as you outlined i would be all for    carter jr and cole?  or suggs?

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

i would not offer fultz    he is the heart of the team     anything else to make this happen as you outlined i would be all for    carter jr and cole?  or suggs?

I love Fultz, but if the return is Luka, than you have to do that.. 

But Luka ain’t going anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

If you're not going to offer Wagner or Banchero, Fultz is the best piece the Magic have. Doncic is about as close to untouchable as a player gets. I guess you can say the whole point of the post was to express a pipe dream. It's fun to talk about I guess. The whole thing is built on the idea that Doncic loves coach Mose anyway. But realistically right now the pipe dream is 90 possible combinations for the #1 pick and somehow winning it twice in a row like last time. 

They finally... FINALLY got lucky for once and it's changed the course of the franchise for the better 

I wouldn't give up on Suggs. I found this video interesting: Top 25 Prospects I've Scouted (2018-pres.) - YouTube. It goes through the top 25 NBA prospects this individual has scouted from 2018 to this past year and it has Suggs right at #9, right between Anthony Edwards and Jalen Green. That's someone you give longer to figure things out and don't trade away.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I say we run it back but jettison Chuma, Admiral, and Kevon to make room for our 3 draft picks. I have to assume that our core will improve, and I hope Fultz and Suggs will shoot millions of 3s the entire summer.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

Under no circumstances do we trade that pick. I had a dream they won the lottery and it was joked about how they did it back to back in the 90's too. If anything you offer Fultz, Isaac, CHI 1st, 2024 1st and whoever the hell you want for Luka. 

I am NOT anti-Fultz. I am simply pro Banchero-Wagner-Wembenyama-Doncic

They'd be goddamn unstoppable 

Inject that in my veins but that team would struggle defensively.

11 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I say we run it back but jettison Chuma, Admiral, and Kevon to make room for our 3 draft picks. I have to assume that our core will improve, and I hope Fultz and Suggs will shoot millions of 3s the entire summer.

Add Paolo to the group working on their 3 point shot and I’m right there with ya. 

18 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Anybody want Dillon Brooks

Not at all. From everything he's said he wants a bigger offensive role. If he was willing to play defense and spot up he'd be great but he's a bad offensive player in the role he's got never mind a bigger one.