Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

I sense a rebuild coming. Before anyone asks we really don't need any Raptors that are currently signed. OG is a 3 and d that fits on every team. However he is a Klutch sports guy with an opt out after the next season. He would fit on our team but screw whatever the Raptors would ask for a guy that's overrated. 

Pascal has only one year and is too expensive not needed. Gary and Fred have options they are expected to opt out of so free agents. Nick Nurse is probably not a good fit as a coach right now. So good luck Raptors, i hear they are hiring the disgraced former Celtic Coach.

Raptors can kind of retool pretty easily by trading Siakam and sign and trading FVV somewhere and sticking with OG and Barnes. Agree I'm not super excited about any of their pieces. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'd love to pay Vuc the MLE to be the backup C. Not even for his play which isn't really what we need at backup 5 but just for the emotions. 

just imagining Vucevic feasting on backup centers would be really great.. 
Get Isaac back and that’s probably the best backup frontcourt in the NBA.. 

I love the sentimental thought of a Vooch reunion and I’m sure he’d be interested, and I really love the bow it puts in that trade.

Question is what role does he play and how many minutes keep him happy? Wendell hasn’t really been the pinnacle of health in his career so it’d be nice to have a vet that can fill in when needed but is okay with only 16-20 minutes a night on a normal game. I’m just not sure Vooch is at that point in his career yet

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I love the sentimental thought of a Vooch reunion and I’m sure he’d be interested, and I really love the bow it puts in that trade.

Question is what role does he play and how many minutes keep him happy? Wendell hasn’t really been the pinnacle of health in his career so it’d be nice to have a vet that can fill in when needed but is okay with only 16-20 minutes a night on a normal game. I’m just not sure Vooch is at that point in his career yet

it really depends on what he values.. He seems like a family first player. I don’t see him bouncing around the NBA and chasing a title.. He‘s just not that kind of personality imo. he’s 33 so his time is naturally coming to an end!

Its highly attractive imo to finish your career in an environment that you love and also contributing significantly and probably be part of a turnaround of this franchise. He can (already is a legend) of this franchise. But he can really be that Udonis Haslem type player long way down the road and make his name last forever in Orlando.

He also has starting upside, as WCJ is prone to injuries in the past. 

Id actually love Formier back in a backup role as well, but he is not like Vucevic imo and i see him chasing a ring and ending up on multiple teams, being traded multiple times going forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I love Vooch the guy, but I don't love Vooch the playoff center. I watched him get picked on over and over again in that regard, so I think I'd have to pass. Ditto for Evan.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I love Vooch the guy, but I don't love Vooch the playoff center. I watched him get picked on over and over again in that regard, so I think I'd have to pass. Ditto for Evan.

I don’t think anyone is arguing for the same Vooch in the same role as before. But I think he’d be a great backup C on a short leash that you could pull quick or just not play when the matchup is bad. I wouldn’t even see him as a 6th man, just a typical backup 5 to Wendell

46 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

This times a billion gazillion!!!

• Upvote 1

Big NO to Vuch, even in a (unlikely to be accepted) backup role, it's not the kind of veteran that send the right message to the young ones.

And even if he's not in his best moment, I would take Nurse for sure (I know that will not happen and timing isn't right). I cannot forget what he has made in the past with TOR and how high was valued even before the title. One bad season could happen and it's not like Toronto was a top team, just seem to have lost connection with the players.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly (Vuc nostalgia aside) this summer's free agency isn't looking good for acquiring a quality backup 5. I'd probably just stick with Goga for the season and see if he works out. 

As long as Vucevic buys into being the back up center, I'm all for him being a locker room presence. With that being said, I think he still has one good contract left in him. I think if we pay him well on a two-year deal, he easily comes back and accept a role as the mentor to the future team. We are luckily way under the cap presently, and maybe he even speaks of how "the grass isn't always greener" leaving Orlando to guys like Paulo and Franz.