Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

What a difference a year makes. Jordan Poole is stinkin it up out there

Possibly good reason to be wary of Malik Monk. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Possibly good reason to be wary of Malik Monk. 

Monk and Poole are 2 different situations/players. Poole is a high usage guy who is only effective when he has the ball in his hands which was the case last year because Curry was injured a few times during the season. Monk doesn’t need the ball to be effective and also contributed in other areas like rebounding and assists. Now I’m not saying Monk is the answer to our shooting guard problems but I wouldn’t compare the two. 

54 minutes ago, Fire Weltham said:

Monk and Poole are 2 different situations/players. Poole is a high usage guy who is only effective when he has the ball in his hands which was the case last year because Curry was injured a few times during the season. Monk doesn’t need the ball to be effective and also contributed in other areas like rebounding and assists. Now I’m not saying Monk is the answer to our shooting guard problems but I wouldn’t compare the two. 

Poole averages more assists per 36 for his career than Monk and only averages half a rebound per 36 less. (Used per 36 to stabilise the fact that both have had seasons where they didn't play a lot of minutes) They have very similar usage. You're right that Poole creates his own shot more often than Monk (i.e. Monk plays off ball more) but I don't think that's a bad thing. 

Regardless my point was more about non star guards having hot playoff runs and not about how they compare individually. 

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Regardless my point was more about non star guards having hot playoff runs and not about how they compare individually. 

He's another good example. Last season everyone was in love with him. He also was (and still is) in a perfect situation to shine, when the defensive attention of rival teams is all on Steph and Klay. Not sure how that would change in a team in which he has a bigger role.

49 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Poole averages more assists per 36 for his career than Monk and only averages half a rebound per 36 less. (Used per 36 to stabilise the fact that both have had seasons where they didn't play a lot of minutes) They have very similar usage. You're right that Poole creates his own shot more often than Monk (i.e. Monk plays off ball more) but I don't think that's a bad thing. 

I hear you but we need guys who can play off ball and shoot the 3 with at least league average efficiency. I guess the point I was trying to make was if we keep Fultz, Cole, and Suggs as our primary ball handlers we will need guys who can play off the ball but still be effective. I’d rather have a Monk type of player than a Poole if we are keeping the same group. 

13 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I just came to say Draymond Green is my least favourite player of all time. 

Trae Young is my least favorite player right now

• Upvote 1

Too early to make much of all this except it looks like the Warriors are in trouble. Let's see how the next 3 days go. Afternoon radio sports guys nailed all 3 games last night.

Said Bucks would have no problem winning without Giannis and would smoke the heat. Lakers would probably lose in a second game let down and Wolves would play better but lose late in the Denver game. I don't know how Anthony Davis doesn't dominate more at his size but the modern game is so much different then the 90's.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Too early to make much of all this except it looks like the Warriors are in trouble. Let's see how the next 3 days go. Afternoon radio sports guys nailed all 3 games last night.

Said Bucks would have no problem winning without Giannis and would smoke the heat. Lakers would probably lose in a second game let down and Wolves would play better but lose late in the Denver game. I don't know how Anthony Davis doesn't dominate more at his size but the modern game is so much different then the 90's.

We’ll see about the Warriors. They say a series doesn’t start until the home team loses, and I could see a special Steph performance tonight in the Bay without Draymond to get the Dubs back on track. 

I agree on the rest of your points, Heat/Bucks is gonna be a gentleman’s sweep and the Lakers are a pretty average team if the refs call the game fairly.