Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discuss the playoffs (and play-ins) below. 

And everyone enjoy the low stakes of not having a team in the race. Because next year we'll be there. 

• Upvote 1

Really really bummed we’re not getting Suns vs Warriors. The Warriors losing to the Jokic-less Nuggets was a perfect display of tanking.

On the betting side, I tried to take advantage of the huge odds for the Lakers and Kings

Did anyone watch the Lakers game? Was the trend continued on them getting a noticeably insane amount of calls more (I see it was a 26-15 foul disparity)? 

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Did anyone watch the Lakers game? Was the trend continued on them getting a noticeably insane amount of calls more (I see it was a 26-15 foul disparity)? 

free throw attempts were LA - 17 MIN - 3 in the 2nd half and OT. KAT was cooking until he got in foul trouble. I really don’t like to bridge conspiracy into the game, but the free throw discrepancy between the Lakers and the rest of the league is so extreme that there’s no way it’s legit. 

No Gobert, no McDaniels, and Edwards played liked the worst game of his life. Wolves didn’t have any business keeping it as close as they did.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Well, Bulls pick is now 13th at best. But, odds of keeping it are higher, so I guess there’s that. Raptors with an awful choke. 18-36 from the free throw line in a must win at home. Gross

Nope, the only thing that could change is if they beat Miami for the 8th seed and/or if OKC makes it in. If they beat Miami, then they would then be out of the lottery and would have the 15th or 16th pick; since they would have the worst record of the playoff teams or in a coin flip if OKC makes it in. If neither OKC or Chicago makes it into the playoffs, then the coin flip is for 11/12 (pre-lottery). Obviously, if one makes it in, they are out of the lottery and the other gets 11. The other would be 15, as the worst record of playoff teams.