Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

3 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

As bad as the refs are I'd love to see the NBA change to challenge rule to be you can have as many as you want until you get one wrong.

i been saying this for a while      if the refs are missing so many, why are you limited to 1 challenge.

Unlimited till you get one wrong

7 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

i been saying this for a while      if the refs are missing so many, why are you limited to 1 challenge.

Unlimited till you get one wrong

Only problem would be how much it could slow the game down. Maybe one per each half?

58 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Only problem would be how much it could slow the game down. Maybe one per each half?

Maybe if it slowed the game down too much the NBA would put more pressure on the refs to make the right call.Personally I think instead of 3 refs running up and down the court they need 6. 2 on each end and 2 at mid court.

• Upvote 1

Suns now have virtually no assets and going into next season 2 of their 3 best players will be a 35 year old Durant and a 38 year old CP3. After getting blown out on their own floor in a playoff eliminator.

I'm thinking maybe we save our assets for a Booker trade a year or two from now. (EDIT: just looked at his contract, he's locked down on max money through 27-28 when he'll make $60m... Probs unlikely)

56 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Suns now have virtually no assets and going into next season 2 of their 3 best players will be a 35 year old Durant and a 38 year old CP3. After getting blown out on their own floor in a playoff eliminator.

I'm thinking maybe we save our assets for a Booker trade a year or two from now. (EDIT: just looked at his contract, he's locked down on max money through 27-28 when he'll make $60m... Probs unlikely)

Yeah, they’ll move Ayton, but I can’t imagine it’ll get them back much. The KD trade destroyed their depth, age, and future assets all at the same time. If I’m a Suns fan, I’m not thrilled about the future 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I’ve had my eye on Booker for awhile also. 

Suns probably more about retooling than rebuilding.. No way they trade Booker. They’ll probably trade Paul and Ayton.. 

Warriors are going to be interesting. I could see them trading Green and maybe even Thompson. The dude wants max money and performance hasn’t lived up to his name

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Golden state 14 ft. Fakers 42 ft. 
welcome to the new WWE. 

The refs definitely favor the Lakers, but the play styles play a role in this big of a discrepancy. 48 3 pt attempts by GS, 26 out of LA 

• Like 1

You can talk the different styles of play all you want. But in the few games I watched, the fakers were very aggressive on defense. Which usually results in more fouls. At least when the Magic get more aggressive that happens. 

Hmmmmm, funny how that works out for us and them. Nothing to see here folks, move along. 

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The refs definitely favor the Lakers, but the play styles play a role in this big of a discrepancy. 48 3 pt attempts by GS, 26 out of LA 

• Upvote 1

I'm personally not beyond the belief that refs influence games (point shaving etc) but honestly I'd have thought the league would have hoped for a game 7 more than a Lakers win in this case.