Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Curry is really something to behold. That was an all time game. I’d love them to sweep The Lakers lol

incredible. He just took over, cementing his legendary status.

I truly can't stand Lebron and his ego and joyfully look forward to cheering on Steph in this match to embarrass them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 5/1/2023 at 12:14 AM, TreyMachine said:

incredible. He just took over, cementing his legendary status.

I truly can't stand Lebron and his ego and joyfully look forward to cheering on Steph in this match to embarrass them. 

Will the Magic be next year's Sacramento Kings? I think at some point this year we were already there......then you add "whichever" players are coming and our odds to winning it all are real.

I know....easier said than done.....but not impossible, not completely out of the question. If it happens, we should be the firsts that saw it coming !!!

9 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I wonder how Jokic would look going against 09 Dwight 

Dwight would own him 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Suns bench scored 4 total points against Denver. Terrence Ross played 0 minutes. What did we buy him out for? 

I agree, he should have been traded when he had some value left. 

21 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I agree, he should have been traded when he had some value left. 

That wasn't my point. 

Buyouts for contenders are like a last chance move to add something after trade deadline, but a lot of times are not playoff worth.

My point is that players that were getting minutes in our team are completely a non-factor in playoff teams, and that should tell us how much work we still have to do in the future.

27 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Buyouts for contenders are like a last chance move to add something after trade deadline, but a lot of times are not playoff worth.

My point is that players that were getting minutes in our team are completely a non-factor in playoff teams, and that should tell us how much work we still have to do in the future.

Except, TRoss wasn't really getting any minutes in the last 15-20 games with us unless someone was out injured. We had committed to playing our younger players, so we bought him out to give him the chance to sign on with a contender. It was a move to a) reward him for his years here, 2) open up a roster spot for us to evaluate/bring in Goga, and 3) make us look good to other players/agents going forward. 

10 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Except, TRoss wasn't really getting any minutes in the last 15-20 games with us unless someone was out injured.

I knew that, and I knew someone was going to point out that :P , but even if they weren't getting regular minutes in the last weeks/months of their Magic career, they got a lot previously. Both Ross and Bamba for example has stayed in our team a little too longer, and maybe there was a better time to trade them. Anyway, the general point is that we're in a good path, but still a long way to go.

If you think about it,Tobias,Vuch,Oladipo and Gordon are the only players that did anything at all after they left the Magic.That's ten years worth of players. Most of the others weren't even real rotation players on other teams. Oh they played a bit but most wound up on the bench and barely got any playing time like Ross and Fournier. 

Somewhere there is a universe in which we don't draft Elfrid Payton and somehow have a real point guard and get to see all 4 of those guys play together for more then the Skiles year.

I

• Upvote 1