Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Bill Simmons believes Zion won't be in New Orleans after Thursday. Suggests to me he's getting traded for #2 or #3. 

Without the injury history I would be all over Zion for 2 or 3. As it is there is no way I'd go that high.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I am gonna predict we trade for Zion!!

You have to be a sad human being to down vote that. I hope whatever you are going through gets better 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

You have to be a sad human being to down vote that. I hope whatever you are going through gets better 

Agree Jay …it’s part of the reason this board is so dead …people don’t feel free to express and maybe go against the grain …not saying that’s me lol 

• Upvote 1

Zion would be fun, but I don’t see how he fits with Franz and Paolo. I’d love a LaMelo deal, but I doubt Hornets trade him in division.

Draft week! Can’t wait to see what we do.

15 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I love your optimism. Keep posting ❤️

29 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Gave you a make up upvote on the Zion post, that’s a silly thing to downvote. If I had it my way we’d do away with the downvote entirely 

Now that the Wizards have opened the flood gates by trading Beal (to a team that has only 6 players signed), is the Magic's FO considering for example to offer JI, Chuma or Caleb and 2nd rounder for sharp shooter Corey Kispert (24), who shot 42% from 3's last year, his 2nd in the NBA?

3 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Now that the Wizards have opened the flood gates by trading Beal (to a team that has only 6 players signed), is the Magic's FO considering for example to offer JI, Chuma or Caleb and 2nd rounder for sharp shooter Corey Kispert (24), who shot 42% from 3's last year, his 2nd in the NBA?

I loved Kispert's game in college, but I think JI is too much. One of the others and a 2nd or 2 would work for me. And yes, let's eliminate the downvotes and add a LOL instead.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

I think the Wiz will trade Kispert in the next year or so to avoid having to extend him while they're rebuilding but I doubt they do it for Chuma/Caleb and a 2nd. (Then again I also didn't think they'd trade Beal for the Suns scraps) They could probably get a mid to late first for him straight up given he's a legitimate rotation player on a rookie contract.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I am gonna predict we trade for Zion!!

i said that a long time ago.. I’d definitely trade for Zion. I believe in the individual and positionless type basket.. That said i wouldn’t give up starters for him. And probably not both first round picks either. 

at least not this year. I’d probably go Harris, Okeke, Bol Bol and this year 6th plus maybe add next years pick protected 

If we’re talking hypothetical Pels trades and who’d fit best with our core, give me Brandon Ingram all day. He’d be the best individual scorer we’ve had since TMac

• Upvote 1