Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Think he's a first round pick.

never know.. i’d believe so too.. 

But i also thought Dosunmu would be a lottery pick last year and also thought Kamagate would be drafted in the 1st round.. 

theres also Tristan Vukcevic. Different type player but also couöd be available at 36. 

i still also like Tubelis here

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It requires more effort to map out than I'm able to give it on a Sunday morning lol

There's also some stuff I can't find the answers to readily on the internet.

It would depend on how good each of Paolo/Franz and Scoot are over the next 4 years, whether any of them become eligible for the 35% max as well.

Without doing the math and guessing on the 25%/35% (or maybe we negotiate somewhere in between?) it feels really tough. You wouldn't have a lot of space to fill out the remaining 12 roster spots that's for sure. 

No problem it’s a lot of rather boring stuff to look up. I am being lazy myself lol. I agree even with 3 smaller maxes it would be tough to build. I’d rather still have that problem of 3 stars. They would still be assets after all. 

19 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

No problem it’s a lot of rather boring stuff to look up. I am being lazy myself lol. I agree even with 3 smaller maxes it would be tough to build. I’d rather still have that problem of 3 stars. They would still be assets after all. 

Yea you're right. If you can't make it work with 3 just trade one of them for a haul of assets at a certain point. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Prepared for Bilal Coulibaly at 6.

I'm fully prepared and will be ok. WeltHam has earned my trust the last 3 drafts. 

"The 10 players I expect to go top 10, as of now, in Thursday’s draft: Victor Wembanyama, Scoot Henderson, Brandon Miller, Cam Whitmore, Jarace Walker, Amen Thompson, Ausar Thompson, Anthony Black, Taylor Hendricks and Lively" - https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/nba-intel-report-damian-lillard-conundrum-bradley-beal-fever-draft-positioning 

No idea if this is legit. But make of that what you will as an idea of who might be available at 11.

4 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Don’t get the Cam Whitmore love, he’s second half of lottery to me.  Brandon Miller is going #2.  

I don't believe that the Hornets are going to pass on drafting Scoot and trading him for "a bunch" - which would be more than just drafting Miller.

If they have a FO that is smart, (IMHO), they should do what the Magic did back in 1993, draft Webber and trade him for Penny and 3 1st's.

In this case, for example, Scoot to the Magic for 6, 11 and Markelle.

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

I don't believe that the Hornets are going to pass on drafting Scoot and trading him for "a bunch" - which would be more than just drafting Miller.

If they have a FO that is smart, (IMHO), they should do what the Magic did back in 1993, draft Webber and trade him for Penny and 3 1st's.

In this case, for example, Scoot to the Magic for 6, 11 and Markelle.

I have to question whether I would be want us to trade Markelle, 6, and 11 for Scoot. I would trust management, but I really think Markelle is much better as a floor general that brings out the best in others than what his stats would indicate. 

Crazy because I think many here would do that trade in a heartbeat and I don't think Charlotte even does that deal. 

Just now, TreyMachine said:

I have to question whether I would be want us to trade Markelle, 6, and 11 for Scoot. I would trust management, but I really think Markelle is much better as a floor general that brings out the best in others than what his stats would indicate. 

Crazy because I think many here would do that trade in a heartbeat and I don't think Charlotte even does that deal. 

I'm still of the opinion Charlotte trades Scoot + other assets for Zion. Charlotte needs a big to run with LaMelo. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

"The 10 players I expect to go top 10, as of now, in Thursday’s draft: Victor Wembanyama, Scoot Henderson, Brandon Miller, Cam Whitmore, Jarace Walker, Amen Thompson, Ausar Thompson, Anthony Black, Taylor Hendricks and Lively" - https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/nba-intel-report-damian-lillard-conundrum-bradley-beal-fever-draft-positioning 

No idea if this is legit. But make of that what you will as an idea of who might be available at 11.

What a fun read. Who knows?!?