Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Hawks - Monday, Dec. 19th @ 7:30 PM

Expected a loss on the second night of a back to back after a gritty win against the Celtics. Just happy we didn't capitulate and fought all the way until the end. 

This is the type of game you hope Fultz can make an impact against such a weak defender as Trae where he can use his size to get inside. Glad he had a big game hopefully that gives him more confidence.

I really don't think Bol Bol is playable in some matchups because his defense is so bad. This seemed like one. That limits his value massively to me. 

It's a loss we can learn from and build on. If this team has really turned a corner they'll bounce back quickly. 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Expected a loss on the second night of a back to back after a gritty win against the Celtics. Just happy we didn't capitulate and fought all the way until the end. 

This is the type of game you hope Fultz can make an impact against such a weak defender as Trae where he can use his size to get inside. Glad he had a big game hopefully that gives him more confidence.

I really don't think Bol Bol is playable in some matchups because his defense is so bad. This seemed like one. That limits his value massively to me. 

It's a loss we can learn from and build on. If this team has really turned a corner they'll bounce back quickly. 

Markelle is back....you can tell early in the game that he was balling the way he is capable.

24 pts in 33 minutes, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 of 3 from 3's, 1 steal and almost the game winner bucket.

One of the main reasons is that he is pushing the tempo as he likes to do....

Good trio of ball handlers and scorers in him, Franz and Paolo. 

12 hours ago, Fire Weltham said:

Not sure why we didn’t draw up a play going towards the basket, no need for a contested 3 there. 

THIS THE PLAY.....obviously yesterday is gone but I think we'd like to see this one tried in a future game.

Plant in the paint Bol Bol (7'8" wingspan) next to the hoop...and surround him with a few tall / strong players to help boxing out the Hawks players.

Bamba (7'0" tall, 7'10" wingspan) outbounds / lobs the ball to Bol and.....he scores or is fouled......and let's call it....the Magic win !!!!

10 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

THIS THE PLAY.....obviously yesterday is gone but I think we'd like to see this one tried in a future game.

Plant in the paint Bol Bol (7'8" wingspan) next to the hoop...and surround him with a few tall / strong players to help boxing out the Hawks players.

Bamba (7'0" tall, 7'10" wingspan) outbounds / lobs the ball to Bol and.....he scores or is fouled......and let's call it....the Magic win !!!!

I thought the same thing last night but was too lazy to write it out. However I would have kept Franz as the inbound man or Markelle because I don’t trust Bamba throwing a good pass for Bol to have a chance to make a play. Also planting Bol in the paint would have been obvious to the other team what we were trying to do. I would have liked a Banchero screen for Bol at the top of the key and let him roll to the basket for the lob. 

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This. Signals are good, but the way ahead is still very long. Watching games is enjoable again.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

One thing I want to point out from last night: We had 29 assists vs. 8 turnovers. That's a fantastic ratio. Hope we can keep that up.

Also this, very different from the early part of the season in which we were playing unwatchable one man basketball.

Question: why Banchero on the last def possession? Why don't make an off/def substitution with someone more capable/experienced?

The main problem with Palo on the last defensive possession is him and Murray have bad blood and I think he just got a little too aggressive. He probably could have gotten by with much less effort and Murray still would have missed the shot.

35 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

The main problem with Palo on the last defensive possession is him and Murray have bad blood and I think he just got a little too aggressive. He probably could have gotten by with much less effort and Murray still would have missed the shot.

Agree! The foul had nothing to with how bad he missed that shot.

Again, Kevon Harris didn't score a point in the 8 + minutes he played.....he and Franz had the best plus / minus at + 9

Would have been nice to throw him earlier in the game against Trae....37 pts & 13 assists = responsible for about 55% of the Hawks total points scored

1 hour ago, Spaceman said:

This was not a something foul....the referees for the most part do not call a foul in the last play of the game, but we always or a lot of times are. Eight vs 5 most nights, even in home games

• Upvote 1