Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Personally don't think we should make a big trade. If we do anything it should be either trading guys we don't view as long term pieces for assets or adding a complimentary piece on a team friendly deal. 

If we do anything....wish one of the moves we do is get a 1st RP from the Lakers. Team that after this season should be a lotto team, BUT THEY ARE IN TROUBLE WITH THEIR PICKS:

2023 first round draft pick to New Orleans (swap, New Orleans incoming)
New Orleans has the right to swap its 2023 1st round pick for the L.A. Lakers' 2023 1st round pick [L.A. Lakers-New Orleans-Washington, 7/6/2019]

2024 first round draft pick to New Orleans
L.A. Lakers' 2024 1st round pick to New Orleans or New Orleans has the right to instead receive the L.A. Lakers' 2025 1st round pick [L.A. Lakers-New Orleans-Washington, 7/6/2019]

ALL OF THIS, COURTESY OF ANTHONY DAVIS !!!!!

41 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

If we do anything....wish one of the moves we do is get a 1st RP from the Lakers. Team that after this season should be a lotto team, BUT THEY ARE IN TROUBLE WITH THEIR PICKS:

2023 first round draft pick to New Orleans (swap, New Orleans incoming)
New Orleans has the right to swap its 2023 1st round pick for the L.A. Lakers' 2023 1st round pick [L.A. Lakers-New Orleans-Washington, 7/6/2019]

2024 first round draft pick to New Orleans
L.A. Lakers' 2024 1st round pick to New Orleans or New Orleans has the right to instead receive the L.A. Lakers' 2025 1st round pick [L.A. Lakers-New Orleans-Washington, 7/6/2019]

ALL OF THIS, COURTESY OF ANTHONY DAVIS !!!!!

What first round pick could we get exactly? The earliest they could trade is 2026 and by then they could have rebuilt given they always attract free agents.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

What first round pick could we get exactly? The earliest they could trade is 2026 and by then they could have rebuilt given they always attract free agents.

I said...."BUT THEY ARE IN TROUBLE WITH THEIR PICKS"

Doesn't appear to be a possible scenario to trade with the Lakers for something material to the Magic.

On 12/27/2022 at 2:48 PM, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Everyone that is not playing/contributing right now during our streak should be available as well as some picks if we can get a/some great player(s) that will compliment our core. I would not change our starting lineup until it isn't working anymore. 
Fultz/Anthony

Franz/Harris or new shooter

Bol/TRoss or new SF

Paolo/Admiral

Mo Wagner/WCJ

It isn’t working anymore

I'm not really necessarily into this move but I think it's worth considering, should we make a splash for OG Anunoby? 

Something like Ross (for salary), Chuma, Bulls pick and Nuggets pick for OG Anunoby? 

Fultz

Franz

OG

Paolo

WCJ

Is probably a playoff team. OG is kind of like the perfect version of what you might want at the 3 if you were planning on keeping Franz at the 2  (who knows if that's the case, we might view Franz more as a 3). Big, strong, tough defender who can shoot it and play off ball. 

Not sure I'd offer much more than that for him. Possibly I'd be willing to do Bol over Chuma but then not the Nuggets pick or something. If they were at all interested I'd do Isaac as the salary matching in a heartbeat. OG is only 25 but realistically only has 1 year left after this 1 (+ a player option he'll almost certainly decline). 

I would absolutely like that move, and in general like I wrote yesterday the idea of trading some depth for quality.  OG fits our timeline perfectly. Not sure Toronto would be interested though.

19 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I would absolutely like that move, and in general like I wrote yesterday the idea of trading some depth for quality.  OG fits our timeline perfectly. Not sure Toronto would be interested though.

Plenty of rumours about him being moved but also a lot of talk about how it would take a haul to get him. The thing is that Bulls pick could be the best single asset they get offered and we can offer it because we still have our own pick.

And to be clear I'm not super into moving the Bulls pick. But if you feel you can get, and importantly keep long term, a player like OG Anunoby for it I kind of feel like you should think long and hard about it. Like the Bulls pick is currently what pick 9? You'd be pretty happy if your 9th pick became a wing who's an all NBA calibre defender and can shoot. 

Something I am a little wary of is OG's health though. Hasn't played more than 50 games since 19-20 (but he's on pace to do that this year to be fair). 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Plenty of rumours about him being moved but also a lot of talk about how it would take a haul to get him. The thing is that Bulls pick could be the best single asset they get offered and we can offer it because we still have our own pick.

I'm really quite off about rumours and this stuff, so I had no idea, but yes, the price is the point, especially as you indicated his lack of game played season after season... would be a great fit on our Magic just for that! :D

31 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I'm really quite off about rumours and this staff, so I had no idea, but yes, the price is the point, especially as you indicated his lack of game played season after season... would be a great fit on our Magic just for that! :D

I dont want another middling 3pt shooter on the team... as it stands he is career 36.9% with 2 - 39% from 3 years and a 33 and 34% years... He is right on the cusp of being consistent that he might meet the criteria and worthy of trading. T Ross is a career 36.2% so take that with a grain of salt he was 37.2% avg with Toronto and 34% with us so far

OG’s health history scares me when you combine it with our track record with player health. I wouldn’t give up the Bulls pick for him.

Trade deadline is under 5 weeks away! Gotta imagine we do something, even if it’s small like trade Ross or Bamba for picks

When are we going to move Cole's helter skelter, me first, inconsistent, slow getting across half court, hero ball playing self from this team. (By the way, I borrowed some of Ball Junkie's words when describing a player--any player--from a previous post) Hahaha!

For the position Cole plays--backup point guard, shooting guard, whatever. I'm tired of watching him. 

I want to see a newbie like Caleb Houstan more and on the court with Kelle, Franz, and Paolo. He is young, has shown flashes in the few minutes he has played,  and has so much potential.

***Go ahead and down vote me all you want. That's MY opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2