Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

24 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Fultz, Wagner, Isaac, Banchero and WCJ

fixed

Fultz, Harris, Wagner, Banchero, WCJ

Isaac on the bench because he's played 15 minutes in the G league after being out for 2 and a half years. 

Fixed. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Isaac on the bench because he's played 15 minutes in the G league after being out for 2 and a half years. 

Fixed. 

I think I like JI as part of the 2nd unit when he comes back but I'd like to see him / orchestrate with the starters too..... in some moments during the 2nd Quarter and for sure in the 4th Quarter

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fixed. 

Agreed. Our starting 5 right now is best for winning. JI looked solid in his debut, but he even admitted he was gassed and he played about 1/4 of the game against G league competition. Ease him in, if we force it he will get hurt.

• Upvote 1

Yeah waiting till Issac was ready was kinda a given …figured I wouldn’t have to say that since most guys here know some things about basketball …but we definitely have options …just was brainstorming in my mind the future dilemma Coach Mosley has …that’s why I put Issac in ….looking down the road not right now or the next week or two …and like I said …Issac gets back close to where he was he was top 3 in the league DPOY candidate …so I like my lineup better …insert smiley face lol

18 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah waiting till Issac was ready was kinda a given …figured I wouldn’t have to say that since most guys here know some things about basketball …but we definitely have options …just was brainstorming in my mind the future dilemma Coach Mosley has …that’s why I put Issac in ….looking down the road not right now or the next week or two …and like I said …Issac gets back close to where he was he was top 3 in the league DPOY candidate …so I like my lineup better …insert smiley face lol

Your post said :

Starting lineup I’d like to see when everyone is healthy …

I thought that was indicative that JI was rounded into shape, as his first game showed hes injury free and getting up to being totally healthy.

So in that case i stand by JI in the starting lineup

Personally, I don’t think a starting lineup that includes Franz/Paolo/Isaac/Wendell is ideal for rotations. Leaves our bench as Cole/Suggs/Harris/Bol/M. Wagner who are all undersized for the position they’d be asked to play. It’s not about who starts, but who finishes anyway. Would I love to roll out 10ish minutes of that tall trees lineup? Absolutely! I just don’t think it’s the right lineup dispersement with the roster as it is.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Personally, I don’t think a starting lineup that includes Franz/Paolo/Isaac/Wendell is ideal for rotations. Leaves our bench as Cole/Suggs/Harris/Bol/M. Wagner who are all undersized for the position they’d be asked to play. It’s not about who starts, but who finishes anyway. Would I love to roll out 10ish minutes of that tall trees lineup? Absolutely! I just don’t think it’s the right lineup dispersement with the roster as it is.

Franz/Paolo/Isaac/Wendell AND SUGGS - when healthy - THE CLOSERS GANG !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN.......................

Suggs is questionable for Friday's game versus the Jazz due to right ankle soreness.

Suggs is questionable Friday due to a lingering ankle injury. He has seen limited minutes while coming off the bench in his last four appearances. If he can't suit up against the Jazz, Suggs' next chance to play is Sunday's matchup against Denver.

My top 3 Magic players listed in order of importance and or team success/wins .

1 …Fultz

2 …Franz 

3 …Banchero 

My reasoning ? …Check our record with Fultz starting and when he’s not ….Franz is Mr 4th quarter …dude is shooting over 50 percent from 3 in the last quarter of our games and you already know how adept he is at taking the ball to the hole  …Banchero puts up numbers is a good player with all star potential and has shot the 3 better lately but still only at 31% for the season .

How would you rank them ? …while waiting for tonight’s game …

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

My top 3 Magic players listed in order of importance and or team success/wins .

1 …Fultz

2 …Franz 

3 …Banchero 

My reasoning ? …Check our record with Fultz starting and when he’s not ….Franz is Mr 4th quarter …dude is shooting over 50 percent from 3 in the last quarter of our games and you already know how adept he is at taking the ball to the hole  …Banchero puts up numbers is a good player with all star potential and has shot the 3 better lately but still only at 31% for the season .

How would you rank them ? …while waiting for tonight’s game …

Don’t you mean?

1…Shaedon Sharpe

2 …Shaedon Sharpe

3 ..Shaedon Sharpe

My real one is….

1. Banchero our future MVP candidate 

2. Wagner our future Al star

3 Carter Jr……though it’s a coin toss with Fultz 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Don’t you mean?

1…Shaedon Sharpe

2 …Shaedon Sharpe

3 ..Shaedon Sharpe

My real one is….

1. Banchero our future MVP candidate 

2. Wagner our future Al star

3 Carter Jr……though it’s a coin toss with Fultz 

I’m actually more inclined to agree with ball junkie. It’s hard to argue with the results if you are looking at team success as the criteria. 
Fultz really is the engine that drives the train.  Banchero is the better scorer, but I think Franz is the better all-around player. I like Dell’s game a lot too. He’s a strong glue guy. 

1 Fultz

2 Franz

3 Banchero

4 Carter

I think this is the core you build around. I like quite a few of our other pieces, and I think Moe Wagner’s impact is much more than we see on the court. 

• Upvote 1