Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

I was worried about the four day layoff just when we were playing well and had some momentum.  Looks like that concern was justified, we looked awful last night against LA.  Question is whether we can get back on track quickly tonight against Detroit.  

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I was worried about the four day layoff just when we were playing well and had some momentum.  Looks like that concern was justified, we looked awful last night against LA.  Question is whether we can get back on track quickly tonight against Detroit.  

We missed FTs and they were nailing 3's, and our best player had early foul trouble. We'll get them next time!

4 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

We missed FTs and they were nailing 3's, and our best player had early foul trouble. We'll get them next time!

Yeah this in a nutshell. First half we shot poorly on free throws and they were godly at the 3. Paolo got in to foul trouble and we spent too much time playing catch up and gave up some wide open looks. If it was closer i'm sure we would have gone inside more in the second half. 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah this in a nutshell. First half we shot poorly on free throws and they were godly at the 3. Paolo got in to foul trouble and we spent too much time playing catch up and gave up some wide open looks. If it was closer i'm sure we would have gone inside more in the second half. 

Again I think some of that was due to the 4 day layoff and not being sharp.  Can we bounce back on the second night of a back to back, on the road, against a really terrible Detroit team (how come getting the first round pick two years ago didn’t turn them into a contender? But I digress).  I guess we will see.  

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS (Back to Back)
 MAGIC AT PISTONS 
~WEDNESDAY NIGHT~

Little Caesars Arena - Detroit, MI
Wednesday, December 28 at 7:00 P.M. EST
TV:  Bally Sports FL

dX4RmJ.png

***I have prepared and posted a game thread starter for tonight's game if interested.

15 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I guess the answer is a clear “no”

On 12/24/2022 at 3:25 PM, TreyMachine said:

So here's a question: we've seemingly turned a corner. We started 5-20. Let's say we end the season 42-15 to have a 47-35 record (good enough probably for the #5 seed). 

Does Mosley get strong consideration for Coach of the year for the dramatic turnaround? Or does the start become too much to overcome vs. whomever is the best team in the league is?

I blame you for completely ruining the good period we had. Say hello to the 42-15 record, COTY and everything else. Be ready for the FIRE everyone posts if we play like this another couple games.

On 12/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, TreyMachine said:

So here's a question: we've seemingly turned a corner. We started 5-20. Let's say we end the season 42-15 to have a 47-35 record (good enough probably for the #5 seed). 

Does Mosley get strong consideration for Coach of the year for the dramatic turnaround? Or does the start become too much to overcome vs. whomever is the best team in the league is?

On 12/25/2022 at 11:51 PM, JJZFL said:

If we go 42-15 the rest of the way, coach of the year isn’t nearly enough.  I would argue for coach of the century, or possibly even millennium.  In fact, such a feat might transcend sports altogether.  Working a miracle of that order might qualify him for sainthood.  

23 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I blame you for completely ruining the good period we had. Say hello to the 42-15 record, COTY and everything else. Be ready for the FIRE everyone posts if we play like this another couple games.

It’s a real shame.  I loved the sound of Saint Mosley.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes we are the Magic, sometimes we are the Tragic. LOL. When we were all doom and gloom it was too early in the season. When we started talking playoffs it was too early.

Let's just focus on staying healthy, getting JI on the court and getting Paolo back on track to win ROTY. Honestly that is what matters this year. Making the play-in would be sweet but that's hard to do one year after having the worst record in the league. Suspensions incoming but they will stagger them. It goes by alphabetical order.

52 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Paolo is lazy on defense. His feet are much quicker on the offense, just watch. Maybe has hit the rookie wall. His effort on the offense is slow lately also. 

can someone please defend the 3 point line!!!

OBJECTIVE QUESTION?

Is Jabari a better DEFENSIVE player than Paolo right now and in the foreseeable future?

44 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

OBJECTIVE QUESTION?

Is Jabari a better DEFENSIVE player than Paolo right now and in the foreseeable future?

He might be but who cares?  Paolo has superstar potential that you can build a team around. Smith looks like Rashard Lewis.  The gap between Banchero and the next guy in this class is vast. 

• Upvote 1