Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

Any one notice Fultz new 3 point form from the Heat game? I mentioned it a while back that it looks like he’s starting to get his old form/release back. Next season could be crazy good

2 hours ago, Captain said:

Any one notice Fultz new 3 point form from the Heat game? I mentioned it a while back that it looks like he’s starting to get his old form/release back. Next season could be crazy good

I agree he looked really good in the second half of the season.

Since the years over here are Paolo and Jabari's stats straight from NBA reference.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=smithja05&player_id1=banchpa01&sum=0&request=1&utm_campaign=2023_01_wdgt_player_comparison&utm_source=bbr&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_id=banchpa01

They were used differently, just want to point out Jabari was the shooter but like most big men struggled as a rookie to shoot it from deep. In case nobody goes back and looks almost all big men struggle, go look up the super stars like Lebron,Luka,PG,Gianiss etc. 

Paolo is the better pick anyhow because you can see he will be a guy who creates his own shot and shots for others. It's up to him to work on 3's,efficiancy and how he uses his size to get easy buckets.

For comedy if you look closely on that chart you can see Chet's numbers right below Jabari's. LOL!!!!

Don't tell me injury and body type are not a concern. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/04/11/oirlando-magic-may-again-be-different-team-jonathan-isaacs-return/
Quotes galore in this article …nothing said in it gives me the impression Jonathan will not be playing for Orlando next year …in fact the health report was he’s way ahead of schedule and ready to start summer training right now fwiw 

I just read the Orlando Sentinel Bianchi piece about Luka coming to Orlando. The guy would have to be traded and obviously has a Huge contract that would require a number of contracts traded to make it work. 

I've also thought about team chemistry, this no longer being Paolo's team (overshadowed by Luka which can create an internal rift against Orlando in his mind), Luka's lack of defense, and other factors... and I don't know if I'm the long term trading for him would be worth it for the price...

Does anyone disagree?

39 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I just read the Orlando Sentinel Bianchi piece about Luka coming to Orlando. The guy would have to be traded and obviously has a Huge contract that would require a number of contracts traded to make it work. 

I've also thought about team chemistry, this no longer being Paolo's team (overshadowed by Luka which can create an internal rift against Orlando in his mind), Luka's lack of defense, and other factors... and I don't know if I'm the long term trading for him would be worth it for the price...

Does anyone disagree?

I would tend to agree. Every time I have watched Luka play, I have come away impressed with his ability, but appalled at his attitude. He comes across to me as whiny and petulant. There’s a reason he is among the leaders in technical fouls. I’m not sure he is the leader you want without a strong veteran presence to “offset” that attitude and keep it from pervading the rest of the roster.

Simply, we have such a good vibe amongst our players, I would not blow it up for him.   I know we need shooting, the game is not about the "vibe" lol    But i would try to find a way to minimize the damage to team chemistry when we do this. Luka is not worth what he would cost.

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

FWIW

I believe this is significant news, as I think this means we will not be players in free agency this summer. If nothing else, it allows JI one more chance, and if he doesn’t get healthy, we can just use his salary as filler at the deadline next year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I believe this is significant news, as I think this means we will not be players in free agency this summer. If nothing else, it allows JI one more chance, and if he doesn’t get healthy, we can just use his salary as filler at the deadline next year.

It seems like they are going with what I originally thought - keeping JI through the beginning of the season and making the "final" decision closer to his guarantee date in Jan'24, where his salary jumps from the $7.6M currently guaranteed, up to the full season of $17M guaranteed. I'm not completely surprised, but I'm also not convinced they will stick to that if we get the first pick/Wemby. I think that would change everything. 

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I hope you’re wrong. Sitting out FA this summer means we’re sitting out FA indefinitely with Cole due for an extension this year, then Franz and Suggs next. This is the summer to maximize the cap based around the CBA rules. I’d hate to jeopardize that over a guy that’s played 11 games in 3 years