Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

Yeah i'm rooting for the Kings. For decades the Suns were my western team,not anymore! Light the Beam. I'm happy for Murray, he was my pick if we dropped from number 1 last year. 

On 3/31/2023 at 3:40 PM, hootie249 said:

I just noticed something. Tonight we play the Wizards. They only have two more wins then we do. That's it. This is with the healthiest year from Porzingis and 45 million dollar guard Beal.

Beal missing one third of the season doesn't help, we aren't the only ones with injury troubles.

The Bulls are now basically fixed in that 10th spot and the play in game. Which means we need them to lose the play in tournament to maintain the best pick from them. It's the difference between like pick 11 (possibly as low as pick 9 depending on results to close the season out) and pick 15. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Bulls are now basically fixed in that 10th spot and the play in game. Which means we need them to lose the play in tournament to maintain the best pick from them. It's the difference between like pick 11 (possibly as low as pick 9 depending on results to close the season out) and pick 15. 

Interesting to know, I didn't considered it, I was thinking that the play-in wasn't affecting the seed.

Well, we tried. We're in april with a little little hope still, that was a big improvement than in previous seasons. We could have done better in the start of the season (even only by signing a close gap PG) and win a few more in february/first half o march, but that's what we got.

On 4/1/2023 at 4:38 AM, Soul Bro said:

I don’t know if I’ve posted this yet, but kudos to SAC for building a winner. People bashed the Sabonis trade, yet his numbers are now incredible. The Huerter trade looks great, Murray looks solid, and my guy Fox is balling. Again kudos to them.

I agree, there was an interesting Lowe article recently describing the process.

Also kudos to Dallas management in the Brunson/Irving choice! :P

OK   so this is kind of an "IS THIS ANYTHING"

Its funny you mention Kelle in the game thread All Eyes. He was amazing in that third quarter.

But I have noticed something lately. Since we have been playing well, when the game seems in hand, they sit Kelle, and often do not bring him back at all in the 4th quarter.

However, mosley often plays cole and suggs to the bitter end.

Now... that could be taken one of two ways.

1) Kelle is important enough to the long term, that they dont want him to get hurt in "junk" minutes

2) or, they have identified cole and suggs as more important and are trying to give them as much experience as possible.

It seems odd to me that they are not having Kelle close out the games.

I dont know if this is anything, so.... I look forward to everyones thoughts.

16 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I agree, there was an interesting Lowe article recently describing the process.

Also kudos to Dallas management in the Brunson/Irving choice! :P

The Brunson narrative is a little false. The Mavs offered him a contract the year before he was in his free agent year. It just wasn't enough. Once he balled out last season he basically let them know he was all but gone. I would say they have done some good things and some bad. The Kyrie trade was real bad. Most of the moves before that were ok. 

5 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

OK   so this is kind of an "IS THIS ANYTHING"

Its funny you mention Kelle in the game thread All Eyes. He was amazing in that third quarter.

But I have noticed something lately. Since we have been playing well, when the game seems in hand, they sit Kelle, and often do not bring him back at all in the 4th quarter.

However, mosley often plays cole and suggs to the bitter end.

Now... that could be taken one of two ways.

1) Kelle is important enough to the long term, that they dont want him to get hurt in "junk" minutes

2) or, they have identified cole and suggs as more important and are trying to give them as much experience as possible.

It seems odd to me that they are not having Kelle close out the games.

I dont know if this is anything, so.... I look forward to everyones thoughts.

In my opinion, none of the above. I think it's possible that the Magic are showcasing Cole and Suggs, using one or both as possible trade bait for bigger fish in the off season--like Fred Vanvleet. /just my 2 cents

• Upvote 1