Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Season ended today and Houston and Detroit both starting coaching searches already. Not wasting time.

I'm actually a fan of Coach Mosley and glad we have him. I think he has the guys heading in the right direction, and they always seem to play hard. Additionally, guys like Franz, Cole, and Wendell have clearly grown under him, and he's made hard but good decisions like sitting guys like Bol down the stretch. I'm hopeful to add some more shooting next year and have healthy point guard play. Go Magic!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I'm actually a fan of Coach Mosley and glad we have him. I think he has the guys heading in the right direction, and they always seem to play hard. Additionally, guys like Franz, Cole, and Wendell have clearly grown under him, and he's made hard but good decisions like sitting guys like Bol down the stretch. I'm hopeful to add some more shooting next year and have healthy point guard play. Go Magic!

Good coach for the things you pointed out, he surely has the ability to creat a group and have them follow him, not still sure about his in-game decisions. Maybe he need a top assistant for that?

If we're gonna keep rolling with Mose, see what Dallas wants for Luka once the lottery results are in. Anything but Franz and Paolo should be on the table provided the Magic didn't just win the Wemby sweepstakes 

So this is special… Someone I serve at work had Mosley, Isaac, Carter Jr, Harris and Okeke sign a hat for me for Easter ❤️

large.1936156777_Untitled2.jpg.49466e857b05a9bc9d9985f892fc5426.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, J Roc Baby said:

If we're gonna keep rolling with Mose, see what Dallas wants for Luka once the lottery results are in. Anything but Franz and Paolo should be on the table provided the Magic didn't just win the Wemby sweepstakes 

id trade wemby for luka

9 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Yea agreed. If you look how aimlessly the Rockets played under Silas it's hard not to be happy with Moseley. We essentially started rebuilds at the same time and they've drafted some talented players (Green, Sengun, Jabari Smith) but we won 12 more games than them. 

Whatever your thoughts on this team, whatever your thoughts on this season, I'm pretty sure we can all agree... Thank god we're not the Timberwolves.

• Upvote 1

About the only clarity in the Blazers’ path forward is this: The Blazers will likely trade their lottery pick unless they land the No. 1 pick (they have a 10.5 percent chance), which would give them the right to draft who many are calling a generational star in French big man Victor Wembanyama. Lillard all but etched in stone the trade-the-pick path Sunday when he said he did not want the Blazers to draft another young player. He said he wants proven veterans who can help now, not players who will need two to three years to develop.

“I’m just not interested in that. That’s not a secret,’’ the 32-year-old Lillard said of adding another young player. “I want a chance to go for it. And if the route is to (draft youth), then that’s not my route.”

https://theathletic.com/4396376/2023/04/10/damian-lillard-blazers/?source=emp_shared_article

Ummmm... The best thing Portland could do is ship out Lillard for a bunch of picks and young players and build around Sharpe and company. Lillard will be 33 this summer and has proven he can't lead the team deep into the playoffs. Unfortunately for Portland fans, I don't see this ending well.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Whatever your thoughts on this team, whatever your thoughts on this season, I'm pretty sure we can all agree... Thank god we're not the Timberwolves.

What a mess. Just read that McDaniels did, in fact, break his hand punching the wall in the tunnel when he was trying to calm down. Ouch. And MN owe's their future to the Jazz in picks. A tough time to be a MN fan. Again WeltHam and our leadership deserve legit credit for this particular rebuild in O-town.

Soul they’ve got 3 stud guards …Lillard likes Sharpe and they play well together …if they get Victor wow what a great young core …but if not they trade Simons and pic or picks for help for Lillard …they’ve got options and a huge summer ahead …what if they dangle Sharpe ? …The fan base would be livid if they trade him but I think he could fetch a pretty good return 

6 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Soul they’ve got 3 stud guards …Lillard likes Sharpe and they play well together …if they get Victor wow what a great young core …but if not they trade Simons and pic or picks for help for Lillard …they’ve got options and a huge summer ahead …what if they dangle Sharpe ? …The fan base would be livid if they trade him but I think he could fetch a pretty good return 

Kind of in a no win situation. There isn’t really anything they could realistically add to Lillard to compete for a title next year, so it is either mortgage the future for little return now or move Lillard and likely never get back something of his caliber.

winning the lotto is really the only way their FO can win lol

Portland would be foolish to pretend that Lillard at his age and with how many miles he has on the tires is worth blowing up their future over to force a contention that isn’t realistic. I’m betting he’s traded this off-season