Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm a loser so I checked this. We only won 5 games in a row once while Harris was here. Nov/Dec 2015 with Scott Skiles as coach. 

Here are the teams we beat: 

A 32-50 Knicks team

A 33-49 Bucks team

A 48-34 Celtics team

A 29-53 T'Wolves team

A 40-42 Utah team. 

Only 1 playoff team and they were a 5th seed. Im not really making a point because I agree that we should expect plenty more losses this season just interesting. 

This is really good insight and I really appreciate you taking this time in this one. 

All of this was to say this board got pretty pumped about the future of Payton/Harris/Dipo/Gordon/Vuc starting 5. They showed flashes of cohesiveness (remember the dunk at the buzzer against OKC?), and to be fair, had we not traded Oladipo, the team may have become a 4 or 5 seeds for a few years with where each's career took them. 

All I'm saying is we tend to get overexcited when we win and overly negative when we lose. Long term success takes long term consistency and we've seen this story before. I'm looking for 40+ games of good basketball before I left expectations get too high again!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The east was also less deep back then than it is today.  It’s hard to win 5 games in a row but if we keep the defensive pressure up we can keep this stew going.

• Upvote 1

Good question that was raised: With this 6 game winning streak going, and the natural chemistry between the Wagner brothers, do you bench Mo Wagner for WCJ when the ladder gets healthy? 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

Good question that was raised: With this 6 game winning streak going, and the natural chemistry between the Wagner brothers, do you bench Mo Wagner for WCJ when the ladder gets healthy? 

I said the same a few games back …was told Mo is good but not better or a better fit than WCJ

Chicago now has the 7th worst record in the league. It's going to be real interesting what they try and do. Compete? ... Or throw in the towel and try and trade everyone so as to not forfeit their pick to us?