All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

Would the bulls do Vuch and ST Lavine for Rudy? 

Jazz lineup of:

PG: conley 

SG: mitchell 

SF: Lavine 

PF: O’Neil 

C: Vuch 

6th man: Bogdonvic

That would be one of the worst defensive teams in the league, but they would certainly be able to score. 

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

What would that package even look like? What do the Bulls have to offer? 

I can’t imagine a package centered around Vuch would be even close. 

I imagine it'd be like Vuc, Coby White, Ayo Dosunmu and picks. Could always reroute White and Ayo elsewhere for either a vet or more picks depending on what Utah wants. 

Trading Gobert won't be easy with his contract and it might appease Mitchell to get rid of Gobert so could very well be worth exploring for them. 

You should listen to this podcast: 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/imminent-stardom-of-wendell-carter-jr-jackson-frank/id1433849204?i=1000565598405

Jackson Frank is one of the best young guys covering the NBA nationally and he spends an hour talking about the Magic (particularly Wendell Carter Jr who they talk about for a good 20+ mins). 

15 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Worn by Tracy McGrady’s off-the-backboard dunk in the 2002 All-Star Game.

Will be nice seeing us wearing them next season 

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Will be nice seeing us wearing them next season 

We need a lot more than a different uniform to make us worth watching, unfortunately.   My goal for this upcoming season is that I actually want to watch the games all season.  I mostly stopped watching about halfway through the last one.  I found that watching caused nausea.  

Here's an interesting thought, I can't see it happening but it's a fun idea. TJ Warren is a free agent after barely playing for 2 seasons. He's probably going to be looking at pretty low salary deals from contenders given his health questions. We should offer him a 1+1 (player option) at a little bit over market value (like let's say someone offers him 4 mil a season we should go 5m). 

He might not want to play for a non contender but we could offer him more guaranteed money, control of his own future and a bigger opportunity to prove he's still got it. 

It's no lose for us because short of a big free agent splash, which I don't see happening, we'll need to spend the money anyway. It won't be a long term deal so won't affect our flexibility, if he looks really good mid season he becomes a trade chip for us, gives us some scoring off the bench (I'd imagine he'd be 6th man type scorer, not taking mins away from Franz) and we add a veteran who's not like a 33+ year old retread just to sit on the end of the bench.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Here's an interesting thought, I can't see it happening but it's a fun idea. TJ Warren is a free agent after barely playing for 2 seasons. He's probably going to be looking at pretty low salary deals from contenders given his health questions. We should offer him a 1+1 (player option) at a little bit over market value (like let's say someone offers him 4 mil a season we should go 5m). 

He might not want to play for a non contender but we could offer him more guaranteed money, control of his own future and a bigger opportunity to prove he's still got it. 

It's no lose for us because short of a big free agent splash, which I don't see happening, we'll need to spend the money anyway. It won't be a long term deal so won't affect our flexibility, if he looks really good mid season he becomes a trade chip for us, gives us some scoring off the bench (I'd imagine he'd be 6th man type scorer, not taking mins away from Franz) and we add a veteran who's not like a 33+ year old retread just to sit on the end of the bench.

Everything right but... would he be good for the creation and progress of a good group and chemestry?

7 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Everything right but... would he be good for the creation and progress of a good group and chemestry?

Chemistry and culture wise I've got legitimately no idea. Think he's had some fall outs at previous stops but I can't be bothered to research it or anything so I might just be making that up. I just think it's a good idea in principle to buy low on guys like that, I'll leave the actual front office guys to assessing group dynamics etc.