CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Take everything you hear about us with a huge grain of salt because we don't leak anything but Woj is saying people around the league think it's between Chet and Jabari for us at #1. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

You: "How is Chet going to guard Embiid and Jokic?" 

Me:

Great Find !!!

And that stat is with Wendell being younger than everyone on this list....and one of the reasons I'm sure is, that he is a hard worker.....proof of it is his 3 point shot improvement from one season to another.

"AND WHEN HE CAME TO THE MAGIC, HE BROUGHT WITH HIM FRANZ AND ONE MORE FROM NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT

Tremendous trade by the FO !!!!

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

You: "How is Chet going to guard Embiid and Jokic?" 

Me:

Thank you. Chet can do something else if we choose to take him. Smith is just as good of an idea (and with less risk) but how exactly do you stop Chet from the alley-oop offense with his bestie if your goal is to stop Franz from running the offense and the coaches telling Fultz to just knock down his shots?

I won't be mad if we take Smith AT ALL but for God's sake this team needs someone who will knock down shots from everywhere in the worst imaginable way

34 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I feel like this is par for the course. The top picks let their private interviews happen with the teams but don’t do public ones, primarily because if you say something wrong, it can hurt you with every team vs. privately with one. 

I haven’t had the chance to watch any of the combine. Anything noteworthy happen besides the above tweet about the top prospects canceling media availably? 

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

“And with the first pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, the Orlando Magic select… Paulo Napoleon James Banchero!” Lol.

In all seriousness, I’ll cheer on whoever we pick. If we could somehow draft Smith AND Sharpe, I’d be elated. That’d take a lot of wheeling and dealing, but Hollinger thinks Sharpe is a can’t miss prospect given his shooting, age and athleticism. 

Make it so!  The second paragraph not the first. You’re a mod, u can do it. 

• Upvote 1