CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

I also love his game, if we keep WCJ at the 5, that would be a powerful trio of bigs, WCJ at the 5, Smith at the 4, and Wagner at the 3.......interesting at best.

Or go Massive Lineup: 

PG: Fultz 

SG: Franz 

SF: Jabari 

PF: Issac 

C: Wendell 

4 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Or go Massive Lineup: 

Yep. That could work.

6 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Do we trade for Donavan still?

If we can keep our core intact, grab Smith, and offer up a slew of picks and players other than our starters. hell yeah!
Fultz, Mitchell, Frantz, Smith, WCJ is a great starting 5.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Do we trade for Donavan still?

Trading for Donovan, while keeping this years pick, Franz, Fultz, Suggs and Wendell is my dream. 

PG: Fultz/ Suggs 

SG (Mitchell A1, Lavine A2, Beal B) 

SF: Franz 

PF: Jabari 

16 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Or go Massive Lineup: 

Should be Markelle, Suggs, Franz, Jabari and WCJ.  JI, first big off the bench, team will bring him back slowly.

1 minute ago, Albert Lergier said:

Should be Markelle, Suggs, Franz, Jabari and WCJ.  JI, first big off the bench, team will bring him back slowly.

Agree completely, this is most likely. I was just saying that lineup I mentioned earlier would be massive. 

2 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

We need a better shooter than Suggs at the 2 please.

I'm thinking we draft Banchero and watch it all play out, then strike while the irons hot. If OKC doesnt want Chet then they want Banchero and we got him. I'd love for us to trade down to 2 and then draft what the 3rd guy wants and then just trade the 2 for the 3 picking up assets as we go.

Having said that, this is a wide-open draft. Here are a few notes before we dive into breaking down potential selections:

• This is as unpredictable a draft as I can remember throughout the first round. The top four is up for grabs. The next tier is seven or eight guys long, followed by another mini-tier of likely first-round picks. After that? It’s wide open.
  • Based on my conversations with decision-makers and scouts, teams are spreading their pool of players wider than usual because of this class’ unpredictability. The range from about No. 19 through picks in the early 40s is more fluid than usual heading into the NBA Draft Combine. Some teams have a top-15 grade on a player, while others may rank that same player outside of their top 40. This is an eye-of-the-beholder draft. Anyone who claims to know how that back half of the first round will shake out at this point is fooling themself.
    Sam Veccine