All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I like Mulder on a 2 way. He's a shooter and he's not another young guy who needs developing. 

That’s all true, but why add yet another guard?  I guess I must be missing something.  

At this point his team is a collection of rookies, third stringers, and hurt players. Terrible team building and asset acquisition by the front office

for example how is a guy like Chuma still out

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Suggs MVP said:

At this point his team is a collection of rookies, third stringers, and hurt players. Terrible team building and asset acquisition by the front office

for example how is a guy like Chuma still out

Yeah, it does seem strange. Thought it was a small pre-season injury. I don't trust this current regime when it comes to truth about injuries. Obviously Aminu's injury essentially ended his career, and to this day if you google it isn't posted as serious. I was the one who stated after Isaacs original injury that they should just do surgery instead of resting it  and having him come back and tear it. I knew the way they presented it as a knee sprain and not a tear, then kept him out of the rest of the regular season was bull****. It was probably a partial tear that both the team and Isaac tried to hide. Especially considering what has transpired since then. Sometimes the greatest ability is availability. Luckily we have finally put ourselves in a position to weather this storm. If any of these guys; Isaac,Fultz,Chuma or Bamba shows this year they can't stay healthy time to make changes. Obviously Chuma and Bamba we have no large financial commitment too so no biggie with those two. Isaac is our big X-factor and i'm still pulling for him to be our savior. However, worst case scenario if this year is a disaster it wouldn't be hard to move on from him having another top 5 draft pick and Wagner or Chuma. Fultz is the one who should be worried. I can't wait for him to play still a fan, but if he sucks or is unhealthy he just becomes another expiring contract next year thanks to non guaranteed last two years.

Nuff said. Get healthy Amigos. Magic need you guys.

Not Magic related but Tommy Sheppard did an amazing job restocking the Wizards this past summer. Dude should be executive of the year. They have four new starters, along with solid young guys, and have surrounded Beal with shooting and depth.

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Not Magic related but Tommy Sheppard did an amazing job restocking the Wizards this past summer. Dude should be executive of the year. They have four new starters, along with solid young guys, and have surrounded Beal with shooting and depth.

Yes, got rid off Westbrook in a very good trade for them, added pieces…playing great!

6 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Yes, got rid off Westbrook in a very good trade for them, added pieces…playing great!

Lakers were and have been mismanaged. They were lucky one of the most talented players in history wanted to play for them and stayed healthy in the bubble with a healthy Davis. That's it, i can't believe they thought Westbrick would help them. They should have kept all their guys and added Dinwiddie. No way Lakers are any higher then the 6th seed this year, if that! Now if they somehow have a healthy Lebron and Davis in the Playoffs they could make waves but what are the chances of that? Same as the Nets being healthy i guess. 

League is experiencing a changing of the guard. Bucks won a ring and deserved it. Watch other teams do the same. Next 5 years i see teams like the Bucks,Hawks,Heat,Jazz,Nuggets and Maybe some good teams with some match-up luck like the Raptors and Philly if they get their **** together. Teams like the Nets,Warriors,Lakers and Clippers could get a ring if everyone stays healthy. We will see. I'm thinking they will all face some devastating injuries and maybe this super team bull **** will end.

Or, maybe i'm just dreaming and the Nets,Lakers,Warriors and Clippers win 3 of the next 5 titles.

Who knows.

Yes, awful trade for the Lakers…they would be better with Hield…or any other trade for the pieces they used for the Westbrook addition. 
I agree they were extremely lucky that Davis was somehow healthy in the bubble. He looks so fragile…everytime he drives to the rim I am anticipating an injury… 

1. The Orlando Magic’s starters have a net rating of 21.5, best in the league among lineups that have played at least 50 minutes together this season. Amazing considering on opening night their average age was 21 years, 213 days. They were the youngest grouping to start on opening night since the league began tracking starters in 1970-71, per Elias Sports Bureau.

2. Opponents are shooting 23.6 percent from 3-point range with Jalen Suggs as the closest defender and 26.4 percent with Franz Wagner as the closest defender. Both are just 20 years old.

3. Mo Bamba is shooting 44.8 percent from beyond the arc, second best behind Karl-Anthony Towns among starting centers. Last season, Orlando’s 7-footer shot 32.2 percent from downtown.

4. Cole Anthony has also been hot from deep, so far knocking down 42.2 percent of his tries. He ranks No. 1 in the league in pull-up 3-point percentage (52.4 percent).

5. The Magic are taking and making more corner 3-pointers this season. They have so far taken 58 of them, seventh most in the league, making 22 of them. Each of the last two seasons Orlando ranked dead last in corner 3-point takes and makes.

6. With their length and versatility, the Magic have done a solid job protecting the paint, where opponents are averaging 44 points per game, 11th lowest in the league.

7. Bamba has scored 20 of his points off cuts to the basket, 12th most in the league, and Wendell Carter Jr. has scored 14, which ranks in the top 25.

8. Wagner is currently averaging 13.9 points, fourth most among rookies behind Scottie Barnes, Chris Duarte and Jalen Green. Suggs is averaging 12.7 points, sixth most. Between Wagner and Suggs is Evan Mobley.

9. The Magic have drawn six charges so far, tied for third most. Charges are one of the Magic’s “bell plays.” A blue bell affixed to a corner wall of the practice gym at Amway Center gets rung when a player makes a winning play such as taking a charge, blocking a shot and diving on the floor for a loose ball.

10. The Magic are making a concerted effort to share the ball. So far, they are averaging 289.6 passes per game, 11th most in the league. They rank 14th in potential assists, defined as any pass to a teammate who shoots within one dribble of receiving the ball.

https://www.nba.com/magic/news/10-interesting-orlando-magic-stats-through-teams-first-seven-games-20211031

• Upvote 1

Obviously a small data sample, but some of those stats are interesting and there're a few good signals. We've to built on that and improve.

Finally caught up with the games from last week. In general there are some good signs for the future. 

Cole has been a lot better since the first couple where I said he's probably not a starting PG. He's not perfect but he's getting others involved more, hitting jumpers and I can't fault his rebounding and effort most of the time. 

Franz Wagner has been the best player on our team and he's also the youngest player on the team. Very impressive. 

Suggs is just a bundle of energy. He can cause havoc on defense. If he figures out his handle and jumper he's going to be a problem.

Okeke is back! First game wasn't great but he didn't have a preseason, think he and Franz are going to be FUN together. 

I still don't see it with RJ. He looks lost out there most of the time and he is definitely not a guard. He came into the league raw so maybe he'll figure it out in year 3? We'll see.

Ross' defense is disastrous and his offense is inconsistent at best so far. Will we be able to get anything for him at this rate?

I'm pretty sure Brazdeikis is not an NBA player. 

I still don't think Bamba is very good. He's improved and he's useful as a 7 footer who can hit catch and shoot 3s but we get killed on the offensive glass whenever he's in because he goes hunting blocks and leaves his man. He's very slow footed defensively and he's got no other offensive skill besides his jumper. I'm thankful he's made a leap but I think he'd have to make another to be a starting, playoff calibre, big.

The good news is that even if we only had Suggs and Franz our future would be exciting but we've got a lot of other guys we can be varying levels of excited about and likely another high lottery pick coming.

• Upvote 3