jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

If it’s accurate, I’m glad we’ll have a coach well before the draft. I don’t know much about him.  I hope it works out.  

Isn't this the guy that told LeBron to go F himself? If yes, that's the guy I wanted LOL

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Isn't this the guy that told LeBron to go F himself? If yes, that's the guy I wanted LOL

Yep it's him

42 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Love it. Excellent hire

Expand please. What makes him an excellent hire?

I’ll be honest I’m not well up on NBA assistants compared to NFL assistants when it comes to what they can bring to the table as a head coach.

53 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

Expand please. What makes him an excellent hire?

I’ll be honest I’m not well up on NBA assistants compared to NFL assistants when it comes to what they can bring to the table as a head coach.

From everything I’m reading, he’s highly relatable with players and has a lot of experience working under Hall of Fame coaches (Carlisle and Karl). I’m excited to see what he brings.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Apparently he is a players coach and believes in freelance offense / letting players get freedom offensively.

Sign me up

I’m not sure I like the idea of freelance offense, depending on what it means.  I don’t want to see a lot of 1 on 1 and over dribbling and possibly forced shots.  I’d like to see more passing to get open looks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

If the Mosley rumor is true, I wonder if he would hire Darrell Armstrong as lead assistant since Armstrong isn’t going to Indy with Carlisle. 

That would just be icing on the cake. 

People speculating Rick Carlisle through Mosley under the bus, after the playoffs, because he really connected with the guys. Mosley is coaching the “select” USA Olympic team with Spoelstra. I’m excited if it happens.