CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Dang Pels really trynna get that cap room

They must have some assurances they can get a top free agent. 

Shame he won't be there for them to pick... (*Cries*) 

But seriously Memphis have got a great recent track record and I think Giddey is a pretty fun fit with Ja and JJJ.

Subject to change, but my 3 nights away prediction is:

Barnes @ 5, Wagner @ 8, trade 33.

This is not what I would necessarily want but what I think the FO will do. Only certainty is trading 33 — that’s set in stone and has been for months. 

Can’t we put pick 33 into Lakeland for the year to develop. Why do we always have to trade it SMH. Brandon Boston would be the ideal pick there 

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

Subject to change, but my 3 nights away prediction is:

Barnes @ 5, Wagner @ 8, trade 33.

This is not what I would necessarily want but what I think the FO will do. Only certainty is trading 33 — that’s set in stone and has been for months. 

This morning Jeff Pre-Draft press conference link is attached.

In about the 6 minute mark, a question is asked about having 2 picks, would you trade up?  "it can go exponentially, the trade talks we are having"

In another Q, regarding how many players worked out, he said "about 20"

https://www.nba.com/magic/videos/jeff-weltman/pre-draft-press-conference-2-20210726#

I'm strapping in. My gut tells me a lot of trades go down here as a lot of different teams move for different reasons.

I 90% anticipate we will trade more than necessary to get to #3. Jalen, Cade, and Mobley all have superstar potential. You push to get someone like that who can create offense on a team of great defensive / role players. 

31 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm strapping in. My gut tells me a lot of trades go down here as a lot of different teams move for different reasons.

I 90% anticipate we will trade more than necessary to get to #3. Jalen, Cade, and Mobley all have superstar potential. You push to get someone like that who can create offense on a team of great defensive / role players. 

My guess is we’re doing everything in our power to get in to the top 3 without having to give up 8

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

My guess is we’re doing everything in our power to get in to the top 3 without having to give up 8

Like, would 5, the Nuggets pick and one of our young prospects or older vets get a top 3 team to bite? Would Cleveland do something like 3 and Love for Harris’ expiring, Nuggs pick and 5?

13 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I'm in for #8, ANY 1 player we have, and a future pick or 2, for a top 3 pick. #3 & 5 would be the perfect start to our rebuild!

I don’t see how we get in to the top 3 without giving up 5. Consensus 3 days before the draft seems to be this is a draft that has 3 players that are # 1 worthy. Even sounds like the Pistons still don’t know which way they’re gonna go at 1