Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Nets - Monday, Feb. 24th at 7:30 P.M.

19 minutes ago, random said:

The way Clifford usually explains it is that by inserting 3rd player into the starting lineup, our reserve lineup is still intact. That way the lineups are more familiar. Its all about the consistency.

Not sure how that makes any sense being that our starting lineup has been anything but consistent all year.

Hope we’re all crossing our fingers and toes for a big Vooch game tonight. We’re gonna need it to help KD convince their front office to trade for him this summer! Could be our only hope 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Fultz4thewin posted a graphic that shows Ennis is shooting 20 % from wide open 3’s and Wes is hitting 47.1 % and yet he is the odd man out. Doesn’t make any sense to me when we lack a decent outside threat and good defense/hustle yet we bury guys like Iwundu on the bench who do exactly that. Assistant coach moves at it’s finest. 

I mean I definitely think there's logic behind getting a real 3 and D guy in with the starters because iwundu is too inconsistent. Iwundu tends to produce in waves and you probably want someone more reliable in there. 

I'm just not sure why anyone ever thought that was ennis. 

Ennis might get hot and hit 4 threes in a game. Iwundu has never made more than 2. That's the only real difference on offense

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean I definitely think there's logic behind getting a real 3 and D guy in with the starters because iwundu is too inconsistent. Iwundu tends to produce in waves and you probably want someone more reliable in there. 

Ennis might get hot and hit 4 threes in a game. Iwundu has never made more than 2. That's the only real difference on offense

While Iwundu is inconsistent on the offensive side of the ball he does make up for it with his hustle and energy on the defensive end. He’s also a team player and has above average b-ball IQ. He’s also deserved the minutes that are being taken from him by Ennis by always staying ready and helping this team positively when his number is called. Ennis hasn’t earned any of that with this team and the only thing he has over Iwundu is being in the NBA longer.  

17 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Ennis missed like three wide open 3’s in the first quarter against Dallas.  No one went near him, they just dared him to shoot.  None were very close to going in.  

Im not a huge Iwundu fan but I don’t think they could get away with that if he was on the floor.  

32 minutes ago, harley said:

Hope we’re all crossing our fingers and toes for a big Vooch game tonight. We’re gonna need it to help KD convince their front office to trade for him this summer! Could be our only hope 

Haha

53 minutes ago, random said:

The way Clifford usually explains it is that by inserting 3rd player into the starting lineup, our reserve lineup is still intact. That way the lineups are more familiar. Its all about the consistency.

Since Iwundu didn’t play with the reserves, in fact didn’t get in the game at all, I’m not sure how that reasoning would apply.  

8 minutes ago, HighAngleDad said:

I wonder what the deal is with the Lakers waiving Cousins.  I thought he was supposed to be a good player.

He has an injury that most players do not recover from

Talks on Boogie are that the Lakers will probably sign him next year depending on his rehab. They are the closest to how he is progressing so it is smart. 

47 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

He has an injury that most players do not recover from

If that is true, why were we not trying to trade Gordon for him?  That would fit our normal pattern.  Grant Hill II

Edited by HighAngleDad
rephrase just a bit