Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

The Raptors were geniuses taking the risk of trading for Leonard. They had hit their ceiling with their old roster, and Leonard is showing why he’s all world.

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The Raptors were geniuses taking the risk of trading for Leonard. They had hit their ceiling with their old roster, and Leonard is showing why he’s all world.

Fultz

Leonard

JI

AG

Bamba

Championship LOL

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

And the "tampering" Lakers are wasting no time.  Now they skirt the rules by having LeBron recruit Leonard as contact (by ESPN's Brian Windhorst) is already being reported.   Silver has not indicated that he has  a problem with players doing this.  So if a team cannot tamper how does the NBA allow a player of a team to tamper?   Hope Warriors can stay together and if they do "tampering" Lakers will continue to be losers on and off the court.

Raptors have phenomenal defenders who can all communicate and rotate, and every one of their players is capable of nailing a three. Oh and they have Leonard. Still I see the makings of this type of team in Orlando. However, we still have certain players that don’t meet this criteria. I hope we stay true to our future rather than the tyranny of the urgent.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Raptors have phenomenal defenders who can all communicate and rotate, and every one of their players is capable of nailing a three. Oh and they have Leonard. Still I see the makings of this type of team in Orlando. However, we still have certain players that don’t meet this criteria. I hope we stay true to our future rather than the tyranny of the urgent.

It takes a long time to rotate guys out. 

7 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

And the "tampering" Lakers are wasting no time.  Now they skirt the rules by having LeBron recruit Leonard as contact (by ESPN's Brian Windhorst) is already being reported.   Silver has not indicated that he has  a problem with players doing this.  So if a team cannot tamper how does the NBA allow a player of a team to tamper?   Hope Warriors can stay together and if they do "tampering" Lakers will continue to be losers on and off the court.

You're a little late to that party - Lebron has been "recruiting" guys to play with for at least the last decade. You will never see a rule saying players can't talk/recruit, because the Players Association will never let it get into the contract. It has just become more prevalent as players have managed over the last 20-25 years to take some of the power that used to be exclusively held by the league/team owners. Shaq did it for us a little bit back in the day, it's why Horace Grant came to Orlando. Russell Westbrook did a lot of recruiting, it's a large part of why Paul George stayed in OKC. Steph Curry actively recruited KD to come to Golden State. Guys have always "recruited" free agents to come to their team, it's just now grown beyond that to where they are now recruiting guys who aren't free agents yet, but have pull because of "pending" free agency. 

Question for the experts and casual fans like me: You are one of our coaches, what one thing (skill, shot, other?) would you have each of our core players (AG, JI, Bamba, Fultz, Fournier, Augustine, Vooch, Ross, and Iwundu) work on this summer to help them take the next step?

Note: This doesn't have to be all-inclusive. If there is something you noticed about one player that they could work on that would be interesting too. 

1 hour ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Question for the experts and casual fans like me: You are one of our coaches, what one thing (skill, shot, other?) would you have each of our core players (AG, JI, Bamba, Fultz, Fournier, Augustine, Vooch, Ross, and Iwundu) work on this summer to help them take the next step?

Note: This doesn't have to be all-inclusive. If there is something you noticed about one player that they could work on that would be interesting too. 

For JI and this team to take the next step he needs to add some serious muscle ala Giannis in order to take his game to the next level. So I would say strength and conditioning for JI all summer and in between testing from that he needs to be putting up a ton of shots and build confidence with that jumper. Bamba same thing needs to add the muscle and need to see him more engaged when on the court. AG needs to improve his handle and continue with the great decision making and also keep focused on the defensive side of the ball. Fultz just needs to play ball and stop letting all the pressure get into his head. Iwundu needs to keep working on his shot and keep improving the ball handling. He can be a good 2 way player if his shot starts to fall consistently. Fournier needs to go and so does Vuc so I could care less what they worked on over the summer. 

• Upvote 2

AG: patience, mid jumper and aggressiveness. 

JI: jump shot and one on one play. 

Bamba: get stronger. Improve his game in the paint. 

Fultz: get healthy. 

Fournier: Get to know his future city and teammates.

Vooch: look for a bank outside of Florida and learn the tax regulation on that specific city.

Ross: be happy to come back as a Magic player and work on his shot selection.

Iwundu: work on his jump shot.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

For JI and this team to take the next step he needs to add some serious muscle ala Giannis in order to take his game to the next level. So I would say strength and conditioning for JI all summer and in between testing from that he needs to be putting up a ton of shots and build confidence with that jumper. Bamba same thing needs to add the muscle and need to see him more engaged when on the court. AG needs to improve his handle and continue with the great decision making and also keep focused on the defensive side of the ball. Fultz just needs to play ball and stop letting all the pressure get into his head. Iwundu needs to keep working on his shot and keep improving the ball handling. He can be a good 2 way player if his shot starts to fall consistently. Fournier needs to go and so does Vuc so I could care less what they worked on over the summer. 

43 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

AG: patience, mid jumper and aggressiveness. 

JI: jump shot and one on one play. 

Bamba: get stronger. Improve his game in the paint. 

Fultz: get healthy. 

Fournier: Get to know his future city and teammates.

Vooch: look for a bank outside of Florida and learn the tax regulation on that specific city.

Ross: be happy to come back as a Magic player and work on his shot selection.

Iwundu: work on his jump shot.

Thanks guys! LOL! Magicdoc1. Funny!

4 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

AG: Finishing at the rim through contact.  

JI: First step/1 on 1 ball handling. 

Bamba: Add weight. Stay healthy. 

Iwundu: Nothing in particular. Improve overall game. 

Fournier: Regain shooting confidence. 

None of the other guys really matter to me. If these guys can do this we will have another good year next year. 

• Upvote 1