Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, Kemba didn’t make an All-NBA team, so he’s not super max eligible.

Yes, he did; and yes, he is. 

"Beyond James, the third team consisted of Russell Westbrook and Kemba Walker at guard, Blake Griffin at forward and Rudy Gobert at center.

Thursday was a hugely important player for several players and teams, as it determined whether or not they would be eligible for a designated veteran extension this summer -- better known as a "supermax" -- by making it onto one of the three All-NBA teams. Specifically, Lilllard and Walker qualified, while Bradley Beal and Klay Thompson did not."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26807913/giannis-harden-lead-all-nba-lebron-3rd-team

44 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Brogdon would probably play SG for us though, right? He plays better there than he does at PG according to Bucks fans.

That is why I could see him as part of a backcourt rotation with Augustin/Fultz/Ross/Brogdon (not necessarily in that order). He really is more of a combo guard, so I could see him playing with any of the other three, and potentially a "small-ball' grouping with Fultz/Ross/Brogdon all on the court at one time. 

Again, I am not necessarily advocating for that plan, but I can see some potential merit in it. 

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Yes, he did; and yes, he is. 

"Beyond James, the third team consisted of Russell Westbrook and Kemba Walker at guard, Blake Griffin at forward and Rudy Gobert at center.

Thursday was a hugely important player for several players and teams, as it determined whether or not they would be eligible for a designated veteran extension this summer -- better known as a "supermax" -- by making it onto one of the three All-NBA teams. Specifically, Lilllard and Walker qualified, while Bradley Beal and Klay Thompson did not."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26807913/giannis-harden-lead-all-nba-lebron-3rd-team

Ahh.. must’ve overlooked it. Looks like he’s staying put. Vooch got 4 votes for 3rd team

Why in the hell did the players allow media members and broadcasters to determine 10's of millions of $'s for them?!?! 

That might be the worst bit of negotiating I've ever seen! 

Poor Frank Vogel! He’s already being disrespected by a Laker player (Hart) and he hasn’t even started. He was a nice guy, but not the best fit for us. Hart says he has no cred because he didn’t play; you know like Pop and he’s a horrible coach; I’m being facetious

Thompson was whining about not making a team arguing the Warriors made five finals. He realizes this is an individual award right(plus why even bring up previous seasons)? The guards who were chosen all had better years than him in my opinion.

35 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Thompson was whining about not making a team arguing the Warriors made five finals. He realizes this is an individual award right(plus why even bring up previous seasons)? The guards who were chosen all had better years than him in my opinion.

He is whining because that's just cost him 30 million lol