Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Kings

23 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Ok I am heading out. Magic fans hang in there. The most consistent thing about the Magic is the fans. They always seem to show up. You guys always show up. Jay even stuck around when it appeared he was gonna throw his remote out the window. Now that is dedication. We show up consistently. Now the Magic have to do the same. Peace to all. Cheers.

Nice one mate. Back on Wednesday I guess 

The Kings play 10 times harder than we do, and they're a lot more creative on offense. Our offense, if we can even call it that, is just jacking threes or dumping it to Vuc because we have ZERO people who can beat anyone off the dribble.

We should thank all the gods for playing in the East, because even with all these ugly losses we're still in playoff contention

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I am really undecided on Vooch moving forward.

Without him as it stands we will not score 70-80 a game.

No disrespect to him but it is sad state of affairs when he is our saviour.

In fairness he has improved a lot and credit to him. He also cares massively.

He has improved and is a guy that cares about the team and this city. Honestly, This is the type of guy you want to keep around but it is not working. We are the same team as the past 5 years. No offense and subpar defense. We need drastic changes and unfortunately, it starts with him and Fournier. We need to move into a different direction. We need a change. 

Bamba needs to be tested more. Isaac needs to improve his offense and AG needs to be more consistent. We need a captain to run this ship. None of this guys are. Lets go a get that guy. 

44 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The starting lineup was outscored 19-17 in the first half. 

Simmons lineups were outscored 30-13 in the first half. 

Simmons was only one of the 5 guys out there though.  He obviously sucked but it’s not all on him.   

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Simmons was only one of the 5 guys out there though.  He obviously sucked but it’s not all on him.   

I guess it’s not all on him, but when he’s running the offense as backup point and missing selfish shots or turning the ball over without getting other guys involved, it’s mostly on him. We tried the experiment, it worked for a game, now we need to actually address the backup point guard issue with a point guard. Simmons and Grant should be sitting next to each other on the bench, if not cut or traded.

So, a few things that I kept thinking during the game:

1. Fox is fun.

2. What happened to our ball sharing/ movement based offense? There was a lot of selfish play with players forcing bad shots.

3. We need a point guard that can get some guys some easy shots.

4. Gordon is developing some bad habits. Those long turn around twos are not a good look.

5. You are going to lose when you miss open shots.

6. There was a lot of sloppy/ lazy play out there, which lead to those bad turnovers. This happens way too much.

7. Isaac is finding himself in good places, but needs to finish those shots.

8. When Vuch was the only one that could make shots in the first 6 minutes, you know the game might be a bit rough. Then that atrocious start to the second, and our team was done.

9. Are we over helping on defense? We were giving up way too many open shots through defensive breakdowns, where the opposing shooter had no one close to them.

10. At the beginning of the broadcast, the Sac announcers said that the Kings couldn't play down to their competition. I thought this was insulting. Maybe it was the truth.

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

So, a few things that I kept thinking during the game:

1. Fox is fun.

2. What happened to our ball sharing/ movement based offense? There was a lot of selfish play with players forcing bad shots.

3. We need a point guard that can get some guys some easy shots.

4. Gordon is developing some bad habits. Those long turn around twos are not a good look.

5. You are going to lose when you miss open shots.

6. There was a lot of sloppy/ lazy play out there, which lead to those bad turnovers. This happens way too much.

7. Isaac is finding himself in good places, but needs to finish those shots.

8. When Vuch was the only one that could make shots in the first 6 minutes, you know the game might be a bit rough. Then that atrocious start to the second, and our team was done.

9. Are we over helping on defense? We were giving up way too many open shots through defensive breakdowns, where the opposing shooter had no one close to them.

10. At the beginning of the broadcast, the Sac announcers said that the Kings couldn't play down to their competition. I thought this was insulting. Maybe it was the truth.

2. I think the ball sharing was fine until we went down. Then guys panic. 

4. I think the long twos were more a function of the shot clock than design

9. I'm not sure we're over helping but we're not rotating correctly. The helper wasn't getting back. We'd make the first rotation correctly but not the second. 

So-o-o, who's responsible for game planning or running set plays? It seems to me that our team was freewheeling or playing a pickup game. You are being paid big money to play the game in a manner that will hopefully give the team positive results. So, who's responsible to right the ship? I don't want to hear that we don't have good players. We have won against some good quality teams.

The Magic needs to get rid of whoever is causing the problem . . ."I'm looking at you, Fournier" (in addition to upgrading key positions) that some of you have already mentioned.  To set the record straight, I use to be a big supporter of Evan. He wants to be the go to guy, and it's not working. Just because he makes a few 3 pointers does not make him a go to guy. I cringe every time I see him dribbling in traffic and then turning the ball over. Then I notice his body language when things are not going his way.

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

He has improved and is a guy that cares about the team and this city. Honestly, This is the type of guy you want to keep around but it is not working. We are the same team as the past 5 years. No offense and subpar defense. We need drastic changes and unfortunately, it starts with him and Fournier. We need to move into a different direction. We need a change. 

Bamba needs to be tested more. Isaac needs to improve his offense and AG needs to be more consistent. We need a captain to run this ship. None of this guys are. Lets go a get that guy. 

I with you, but who will come here? I know I come off as a Vuc lover but he’s simply the best we have and that’s the fact. Bamba is a work in progress in fact if we traded Vuc he would most likely have a rough time and be in constant foul trouble. He requires slow growth and build his body; probably 3/4 years; so we need Vuc if he can be had on a reasonable deal for the next couple years. No doubt!!! we need a competent floor general to run the sets and create. It would make it a lot easier on others. We also need an efficient junkyard dog in the Simmons mold, but efficient which he isn’t. Bring some toughness and grit (Jimmy Butler); really at this point, what do we have to lose? 

51 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

So-o-o, who's responsible for game planning or running set plays? It seems to me that our team was freewheeling or playing a pickup game. You are being paid big money to play the game in a manner that will hopefully give the team positive results. So, who's responsible to right the ship? I don't want to hear that we don't have good players. We have won against some good quality teams.

The Magic needs to get rid of whoever is causing the problem . . ."I'm looking at you, Fournier" (in addition to upgrading key positions) that some of you have already mentioned.  To set the record straight, I use to be a big supporter of Evan. He wants to be the go to guy, and it's not working. Just because he makes a few 3 pointers does not make him a go to guy. I cringe every time I see him dribbling in traffic and then turning the ball over. Then I notice his body language when things are not going his way.

During this stretch where we've lost 4 of 5 games Evan is hitting 51% of his field goals, 50% of his threes, 86% of his free throws. He's only taking 10 shots per game we need him shooting more.