Odin

Trade Thread

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If I was our management I would tell them they have 24 hours to put a deal together or we will continue our search elsewhere.

There are other PGs out there and not a lot of teams looking.

On another note, not to be a starter for a while but I wonder what it would take to pry SGA away from the Clips?

It shows significant weakness to make threats you aren't prepared to carry out. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If I was our management I would tell them they have 24 hours to put a deal together or we will continue our search elsewhere.

There are other PGs out there and not a lot of teams looking.

On another note, not to be a starter for a while but I wonder what it would take to pry SGA away from the Clips?

While I would not put an ultimatum to Dallasand I would be patient,  I like the second part of your sentence and agree wholeheartedly.  DSJ COULD  be a nice addition.  That is still based on potential.  His stats (shooting % both 2 and 3 pt. %, FT %, assist to T/O ratio average) do not suggest all star status as of yet but his stats suggest good potential.  But as you say there are other PG's out there and we should keep our options open.  We do not need to make a bad deal.  Dallas knows we have interest so let them knock on our door.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It shows significant weakness to make threats you aren't prepared to carry out. 

I think we are in the position to make the best offer. I wouldn't state that as a threat, I'd state it as a fact. If we didn't have a deal in 24 hours I would walk and start chasing a different PG. We need a PG and I wouldn't waste any more time with Dallas if they didn't make a sensible offer very soon. I've been a very successful negotiator my entire life and am 62 next month. 

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think Carlisle cares about trade value. I think he's cares about defending himself to all the Mavs fans who are trashing him right now

I understand the expectation that generate the need to make a move, but I think that in the last few pages the speculation has being a little too much overboard. This quote just one example. I don't think that Carlisle need to defending himself from nothing, his career speak for himself, nor I think that he cares about Mavs fans trashing him.. where? On a forum?

What's the point for him to create a mess like that, kill the player trade value on the team he's actually training, and surround the franchise with all this negativity?

What if it's just another case of agents driving their player out of the team, a standard in the league on those few last seasons?  One of the last articles do actually state this:  "It's Dennis Smith Jr.'s agents that are pushing trade issue due to his unhappiness in being shifted to, essentially, 2-guard," 

No surprise if the rumors and inside info starts from there.

5 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think we are in the position to make the best offer. I wouldn't state that as a threat, I'd state it as a fact. If we didn't have a deal in 24 hours I would walk and start chasing a different PG. We need a PG and I wouldn't waste any more time with Dallas if they didn't make a sensible offer very soon. I've been a very successful negotiator my entire life and am 62 next month. 

We don't have another point guard to chase. That's the problem. I could understand if there was a market but there's not

5 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I understand the expectation that generate the need to make a move, but I think that in the last few pages the speculation has being a little too much overboard. This quote just one example. I don't think that Carlisle need to defending himself from nothing, his career speak for himself, nor I think that he cares about Mavs fans trashing him.. where? On a forum?

What's the point for him to create a mess like that, kill the player trade value on the team he's actually training, and surround the franchise with all this negativity?

What if it's just another case of agents driving their player out of the team, a standard in the league on those few last seasons?  One of the last articles do actually state this:  "It's Dennis Smith Jr.'s agents that are pushing trade issue due to his unhappiness in being shifted to, essentially, 2-guard," 

No surprise if the rumors and inside info starts from there.

Sure. Carlisle doesn't really have to engage. 

And yet there's "sources" sending out quotes that describe exactly how Carlisle "feels". 

But we also have several different people gathering info that says DSJ and Carlisle have problems with each other. It's both.