Odin

Trade Thread

I would be very open to Brogdon as he fits our size requirements and is a good shooter plays 1 or 2 or Dinwiddie if possible with new extension. They seem to fit our protocol best. Maybe take a flyer on Fultz/Frank N if possible on the cheap if values plummet. 

18 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t really think Dallas is in desperation mode that’s being a little dramatic. 

They expected him at practice yesterday. The coaches got a call from his agent and then his status changed to "out-illness" and multiple Dallas sources say they'd be shocked if he wasn't traded based on how the relationship has deteriorated. 

Desperation isn't the best word but there's no salvaging the relationship

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They expected him at practice yesterday. The coaches got a call from his agent and then his status changed to "out-illness" and multiple Dallas sources say they'd be shocked if he wasn't traded based on how the relationship has deteriorated. 

Yeah but he’s a young pg with tons of potential. They’ll find a taker. I just hope it’s us. Most of the FA’s that are good will not sign here and the rest don’t have the long term potential that DSJ has.

28 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I would be very open to Brogdon as he fits our size requirements and is a good shooter plays 1 or 2 or Dinwiddie if possible with new extension. They seem to fit our protocol best. Maybe take a flyer on Fultz/Frank N if possible on the cheap if values plummet. 

The Nets will swing for a big free agent this summer, they have lot's of money. I would expect them to land somebody and resign Russell, then maybe make a trade in the fall if  the pieces seem redundant. So not impossible, but unlikely. Bucks are losing all those guys to free agency, if multiple teams throw money at them who knows what happens. They drafted Brogdon, hard to see them not matching.  In fact this is a team that seems poised to sign a free agent and then use bird rights to sign all their free agents.

I think we want a trade because i would rather have another piece on the team before we have to make a decision on our own free agents.

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This brings me to another point. If I remember correctly scouts kind of questioned DSJ’s attitude in college right? Now less than 2 years into his NBA career he’s essentially refusing to play? That’s alarming. I’m critical of both AG & JI but they are At the very least good teammates. Not saying I don’t want DSJ I’d be really excited but it’s not a great look for a player that young pulling a stunt like this. It’s actually kind of pathetic really. Luka did a number on him 

Luka is definitely in his head and I feel bad for Dennis. Imagine, your drafted and told you are the core and we are building around you; and then Luca comes along and you become disposable; that’s tough for anyone to swallow. Dallas has shown their hand and trying for a ransom, but I expect teams to lay back and let the situation brew a bit then make a reasonable deal. The trade partners have the leverage as long as Dennis refuses to report back and things in Dallas become more toxic. I wouldn’t give up any core for him.

20 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

mavs are a mess lol

I realize I am excessively reading between the lines here and picking out something that likely isn't there, but the implication in this statement is that there was an adequate deal in place and the Mavs balked.  Not sure I believe that at this point, and also not sure I would want to b/c it might indicate an overpay.

I ready for some Brogdon! He’s been playing damn good recently. I don’t know what their plan is with Bledsoe though. However they’re going to have to pay Middleton the big bucks too so we have a chance to snub them out. How much would y’all feel comfortable offering? I’d be comfortable somewhere in the 3yr/33-36 range. Something similar to what Ross would be getting. Read some stuff on Milwaukee pages where they hope to keep him on a bargain on a 3yr/24-30 range.

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I realize I am excessively reading between the lines here and picking out something that likely isn't there, but the implication in this statement is that there was an adequate deal in place and the Mavs balked.  Not sure I believe that at this point, and also not sure I would want to b/c it might indicate an overpay.

Really hope it’s not Bamba. That would be another Oladipo situation...sending him back to where he played college ball to become an star