Odin

Trade Thread

Epic #wellactually I just saw on Twitter:

"Vucevic has been on our team for the last 8 years and hasn't made the playoffs once, in the East."

"It'll be 7 years."

Well if it's only been 7 I guess we better keep the band together!

37 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I think they surprise us and we all are happy for once

I don’t. When we hired Weham I was very underwhelmed. They haven’t done anything that gives me confidence before and they haven’t done anything to change that.

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I don’t. When we hired Weham I was very underwhelmed. They haven’t done anything that gives me confidence before and they haven’t done anything to change that.

Well they do have a history of making deadline deals 

The only way we trade for someone decent is to pay a premium, take on a reclamation project, or take on salary. If we’re not trading Ross or Vooch, the reclamation project (Fultz) makes no sense. We should be after Conley if that’s the case. Otherwise, we need to hit reset, move our vets, and go after rookie contracts and reclamation projects.

53 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

I think this is probably the most frustrating part of being a magic fan. Even the Suns see to know what their direction is

I like to think of the Magic like that abandoned building in Altamonte, the I4 eyesore.

It sits there, looking interesting, like it has potential. Promises are made every year that this year it will be fixed up and open for business.

A year comes and goes and you realize it's exactly the same and mostly useless.

I wanted to add myself to the list of people who can't get excited about Fultz. I hope that young man turns out ok, i feel bad for him.

Hard to wrap my head around what is wrong with him.  

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

I wanted to add myself to the list of people who can't get excited about Fultz. I hope that young man turns out ok, i feel bad for him.

Hard to wrap my head around what is wrong with him.  

I’ve seen yips in baseball and golf. It’s rough. 

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The only way we trade for someone decent is to pay a premium, take on a reclamation project, or take on salary. If we’re not trading Ross or Vooch, the reclamation project (Fultz) makes no sense. We should be after Conley if that’s the case. Otherwise, we need to hit reset, move our vets, and go after rookie contracts and reclamation projects.

Just want to repost this excellent take by Soulbro. Doing nothing is the worst move. Next is not having a clear direction.

I would like to get a veteran like Conley and keep everyone we can. However if we are going to get a project we should shed salary, get rid of contracts and prepare for the draft.

I don't think we can do both. Other teams have done one or the other already. What are we doing?

3 minutes ago, Orlando Magic Toaster said:

That bit with the shoe was odd I admit. Wonder if it was some sort of silly dance .. who knows.. watching some of the other bits of that reel gets me excited.