Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, MagicOne said:

I tell you what guys. To be fair if Fultz comes in here and makes immediate strides and shows significant potential I will be the first one to eat crow here and give all of the supporters a full apology. However if the opposite should occur and he winds up being a bust I expect the same courtesy in return. Fair enough ? (And I do hope and pray that it is all of you who are correct and I am eating crow for the sake of the Magic)

No. Not fair enough because you still don't get it. Nobody is saying he's guaranteed to be amazing. The entire point of the excitement is the low risk for what is potentially a crazy high reward. 

If he's great we won the deal. 

If he's just ok we won the deal. 

If he sucks we didn't really lose anything

• Upvote 1

Just now, MagicOne said:

I tell you what guys. To be fair if Fultz comes in here and makes immediate strides and shows significant potential I will be the first one to eat crow here and give all of the supporters a full apology. However if the opposite should occur and he winds up being a bust I expect the same courtesy in return. Fair enough ? (And I do hope and pray that it is all of you who are correct and I am eating crow for the sake of the Magic)

I hear ya and to be fair, I was a bit reluctant, but there is such a potential for a huge win; sometimes you gotta go for it. I’m not so sure we had many options as they seem to have been dwindling. We bought fairly low. 

3 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

No, because you still are not acknowledging how little we gave up (including not understanding which pick we conveyed). You are still welcome to eat crow though

2 minutes ago, MagicRocks said:

With the Magic getting their point guard filled which is their biggest need, what is Magic's other needs now?

shooting at the guard position. Basically someone exactly like TRoss but younger to grow with our kids. need to solidify our bench.

in the summer, I wouldn't mind trading Fournier, and throwing Ross into the starting SG position. 

12 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

We can only HOPE! I mean we've waited 7 years. Why not wait 3 or 4 years more ? Yes we do need to be patient I guess and keep waiting.

I'm pissed off waiting too but if you think we were going to be a playoff team all of a sudden after this trade deadline then your following the wrong team. 

5 minutes ago, MagicRocks said:

With the Magic getting their point guard filled which is their biggest need, what is Magic's other needs now?

Shooting and depth, we will have to adventually upgrade the 2