Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, Soul Bro said:

Guys, if I’m a betting man, I think Dallas tries to clear cap space for next summer through this trade. They always like to go after max free agents, and now Luka provides an incentive to sign there. So how can Barnes be added to the mix?

He shouldn't be added unless you want to give up on Isaac or Gordon

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He shouldn't be added unless you want to give up on Isaac or Gordon

I think it could work, especially if we trade Ross or Vooch. Those touches could be given to Isaac off the bench.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think it could work, especially if we trade Ross or Vooch. Those touches could be given to Isaac off the bench.

I don't like it. 

Wasn't a huge fan of picking Smith in last years draft, still not a huge fan of him now either but if they can get him for anyone not Isaac, Bamba or Gordon then it's definitely worth the chance. Feels like Dallas are after cap space and picks so can see this years 1st round pick being involved and Clevelands 2nd pick if we end up sending them filler expirings if they want the capspace. Could see Ross being involved if they plan on trying to scrape the playoffs this season but I think him being included is unlikely too tbh.

Come to think of it..

I'm not giving up anybody apart from

J Sims.. Evan.. Grant.. Maybe DJ..

2nd rounder....maybe a pick swap..

Wow, woke up to an explosion of posts! 

I think it's true that our Magic would be the biggest player along with the Suns, which scares me. The Suns would make this trade, knowing they have no shot at the playoffs.

The Magic would make this trade and at least try to stay competitive.  Which means the Suns can easily outbid us if they wanted. 

I think we only outbid the Suns if Dallas is interested in a 2019 pick. There is no way the Suns give up their pick this year for DSJ. 

I think we should, especially if some of you are right and we make the playoffs.

To those who think we can  do this without a pick, trust me Dallas can and will go elsewhere. 

The draft is a complete crapshoot. At least we would be starting next year with a young Pg who has 2 years experience. 

Guys. They're shopping Wes Matthews and have 50 million in cap space this summer if they do nothing. I don't think they are interested in expiring contracts

It's gonna be really aggravating when Phoenix snags DSJ for like the Milwaukee pick and Troy Daniels.

My body is ready. I'm here for this. 

Please none of our top 7 players included and I'll give our 2019 top 3-4 protected pick. 

41 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

A trade of Simmons, Ross and Vooch for Smith and Barnes works.

You're adding Barnes, to AG & JI...not a good mix and would have to eventually ship out 1 of AG/JI. I like both over Barnes. 

DSJ would still be my second choice right now, i would give up the moon and the sun for Russell.

Too bad he is playing like a borderline all-star and no way the Nets trade him now. Can't believe some people on this board didn't want to give up Ross,Vuch or our pick for him. 

How are we going to get better? Time to start taking chances. This is not the Dipo or even the Harris situation, that was because of front office dysfunction, i'm sure of it.