The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Any chance Charlotte pulls the plug on Kemba if/when they get officially eliminated? Looking at it more, they’re right around LA, Minnesota and Washington in the standings for the lotto

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Magic [38-40]: NYK (4/3), ATL (4/5), BOS (4/7), CHA (4/10)

Nets [39-39]: TOR (4/3), MIL (4/6), IND (4/7), MIA (4/10)

Heat [38-39]: BOS (4/3), MIN (4/5), TOR (4/7), PHI (4/9), BKN (4/10)

We really, really need to win the next 2.  If we do, Miami has to go 3-2, and that's not even considering the chance that we win one of our last two games.

Totally agree.  We have the easiest remaining schedule of the four teams competing for the three spots, but we absolutely must win the games against lesser opponents or the easier schedule doesn’t matter. I probably don’t need to remind everyone that we lost our last game against the Knicks.  

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Magic [38-40]: NYK (4/3), ATL (4/5), BOS (4/7), CHA (4/10)

Nets [39-39]: TOR (4/3), MIL (4/6), IND (4/7), MIA (4/10)

Heat [38-39]: BOS (4/3), MIN (4/5), TOR (4/7), PHI (4/9), BKN (4/10)

We really, really need to win the next 2.  If we do, Miami has to go 3-2, and that's not even considering the chance that we win one of our last two games.

Forget need to win, if we do not win the next two games we do not deserve the make the playoffs.  Knicks and Atlanta at home need to be statement games with our energy far greater than theirs, with our will to win far greater than theirs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Forget need to win, if we do not win the next two games we do not deserve the make the playoffs.  Knicks and Atlanta at home need to be statement games with our energy far greater than theirs, with our will to win far greater than theirs.

Yep

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Why do I have this sinking feeling that the universe is going to punish me for all of my Trae Young **** talking?

51 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

They’re obviously must-wins, but I’m not sure Atlanta is a team that is going to let themselves be a statement game. In their past 5, they’ve beat Utah, Philly and Milwaukee so it’s not like they’re rolling over. 

No excuses, but Atlanta’s a dangerous team we can’t take lightly.

7 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

They’re obviously must-wins, but I’m not sure Atlanta is a team that is going to let themselves be a statement game. In their past 5, they’ve beat Utah, Philly and Milwaukee so it’s not like they’re rolling over. 

Fwiw Milwaukee was starting none of their starters and Philly was resting guys too

10 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

If you are playing for a playoff spot, you take nothing lightly if you deserve to be in.  If you want to make it in you exert your will over the other team no matter who and when you play.  You outfight, outclaw, outhustle your opponent.  Our inability to embrace those moments and do that is what has been most concerning to many on this site.   Ther are no excuses left.   No reason to be left out of the playoffs except if we do not outplay our opponent.

35 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

If you are playing for a playoff spot, you take nothing lightly if you deserve to be in.  If you want to make it in you exert your will over the other team no matter who and when you play.  You outfight, outclaw, outhustle your opponent.  Our inability to embrace those moments and do that is what has been most concerning to many on this site.   Ther are no excuses left.   No reason to be left out of the playoffs except if we do not outplay our opponent.

I think there have been a pretty large amount of games where we have done exactly that this year. It may not be every game it should be but we definently are not the same team of years past. While I get and have to felt the cloud looming over this team I do believe it is no longer an inability. We have shown fight throughout the season and I expect to see it the rest of the way.