The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Yesterday was the first time Isaac showed why he was a top pick.

if he can continue, then we can compete. This is the key as he is the biggest question mark. We know what we will get from Gordon and with bamba we will get defense and some finishes, for now. So ji is the wild card here, as far as he goes, we will go. 

10 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

You can't really move Vucevic now unless you're getting close to parity of production with whoever's coming back--he's too valuable to this team right now. I'd look again at the deadline where Bamba has (hopefully) shown that he can play big minutes and is a double double threat every night.

Better to look at Tyus Jones or maybe Cory Joseph than someone like Lonzo or Rubio.

Spencer Dinwiddie is also a great FA target in the summer.

I don't necessarily want to be in complete tank mode, but keeping Vuc for any period of time in hopes of winning games this season makes no sense to me.  This season has to be about developing BIG and buying into the new system.  Vuc has to be moved for a future asset.  Waiting will only make the Magic desperate at the deadline.

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't necessarily want to be in complete tank mode, but keeping Vuc for any period of time in hopes of winning games this season makes no sense to me.  This season has to be about developing BIG and buying into the new system.  Vuc has to be moved for a future asset.  Waiting will only make the Magic desperate at the deadline.

Yeah I mean we all know this isn’t how Vuc is, his numbers will drop down to earth like every year. Should sell high. 

If vooch keeps up the recent play we have good problems on our hands. 

We all just have to be patient. This is technically Isaacs rookie season..and it actually is Bambas rookie season. 

Stating the obvious I know but all of us have to keep things in perspective.

Isaac and Bamba have IQs off the charts which should mean faster development so that is something.