magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So this trade just worked in the machine: Who says no?

Magic receive: Loul Deng + Lonzo Ball

Lakers receive: K. Leonard + Terrance Ross

Spurs receive: N. Vucevic, B. Ingram, J. Hart

Get two contracts off our books (receive one back, but maybe he could be a mentor to Isaac). I've been pretty vocal about not liking Ball, but I think he has the most upside of anyone else that is available, plus put him with Isaac/Gordon/Bamba ... that's a pretty good nucleus. Pair him with Fournier...he'll have plenty of passing options. 

Only thing missing is what first round picks go to the Spurs.  Reportedly they told Philly two players plus 3 first round picks.  Good thing is Spurs will be patient and will demand the moon which will up the ante.  If Lakers involved they will want Kuzma too.    I see the Lakers caving unless they have already tampered with KL and know he will come there next year.  After all they are cheaters.

Playing devil’s advocate here. 

But if you’re LA why would you trade all of your young talent away for Khawi when you can just sign him outright in a year and not dismantle your team?

With Lebron signing a 4 year deal it almost seems like that’s the plan. See how he fits with guys like ball/Ingram/kuzma this year than form the roster next summer with Khawi. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

But if you’re LA why would you trade all of your young talent away for Khawi when you can just sign him outright in a year and not dismantle your team?

With Lebron signing a 4 year deal it almost seems like that’s the plan. See how he fits with guys like ball/Ingram/kuzma this year than form the roster next summer with Khawi. 

Takes at least a half of a season to get chemistry together. Usually. Might as well start on it now. Also, Kawhi wants out now. If Philly gets him and convinces him to stay, you lose out.

Redick resigns with Philly on a one year deal for $12-$13 million.  They will be a FA player again next year.  I have noticed this year, and I first noticed it last year, a plethora of one year deals.  Looks like a trend that you lock up your core players and hunt for value year in and year out unless you can get a superstar.  Since Silver has already introduced the topic of addressing the evolution of superteams, I wonder how the players association views these 1 year contracts.  Seems like it favors the owners not the players.

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

Redick resigns with Philly on a one year deal for $12-$13 million.  They will be a FA player again next year.  I have noticed this year, and I first noticed it last year, a plethora of one year deals.  Looks like a trend that you lock up your core players and hunt for value year in and year out unless you can get a superstar.  Since Silver has already introduced the topic of addressing the evolution of superteams, I wonder how the players association views these 1 year contracts.  Seems like it favors the owners not the players.

Good for 76ers and Redick since 76ers lost shooters to free agency

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

What's so funny about what you said is that I didn't expect that particular assessment/critiquing of the fight. . .(hehe). It caught me off guard, so all I could do was laugh. I was like. . .huh?

Related image

Hah. I’m a huge MMA/UFC fan so whenever I see these “brawls” breakout I laugh and cringe at how awful these guys are at fighting. 

49 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So this trade just worked in the machine: Who says no?

Magic receive: Loul Deng + Lonzo Ball

Lakers receive: K. Leonard + Terrance Ross

Spurs receive: N. Vucevic, B. Ingram, J. Hart

Get two contracts off our books (receive one back, but maybe he could be a mentor to Isaac). I've been pretty vocal about not liking Ball, but I think he has the most upside of anyone else that is available, plus put him with Isaac/Gordon/Bamba ... that's a pretty good nucleus. Pair him with Fournier...he'll have plenty of passing options. 

I say no, that is a terrible deal 

49 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Because of exactly what just happened with PG. A year ago it was a foregone conclusion that he’d sign with LA as soon as he became a free agent. The Lakers run the risk of Kawhi changing his mind if they don’t trade for him now. 

It could still very easily work out the way you described. Just saying that’s the risk they run if they don’t work out a deal. 

55 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Two Words: Paul George

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tyreke not returning to Grizz. Been rumours about the Thunder though. 

That’d be a good get for them. 

Evans has been underrated his entire NBA career. 

what do you think the price tag is for Dinwiddie? cheap salary and UFA next summer.

I'm liking him A LOT.