magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Ugh

Come on. Let’s live a little. I’m not saying it’s a home run but it’s exciting if we get 2016–2017 IT or even 80% of that guy. He seems extremely motivated once again to prove people wrong. 

I wonder how healthy he is at the moment? If still recovering, but back by camp; great. If out through camp...no bueno and wouldn't even waste time.

3 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I wonder how healthy he is at the moment? If still recovering, but back by camp; great. If out through camp...no bueno and wouldn't even waste time.

He’s little so his hip is little. Easier to heal. At least that’s my take and I’m going with it. 

I think we're contractually obligated to have an over the hill big name lead guard on the team every 4 years so we're getting this out of the way now since it's been a little while since Brandon Jennings

I'll be excited to add IT and hope for the best. Hopefully he comes in and kills it and we'll have a lot of offense coming from the PG spot. 

49 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like the Spurs are asking for Kuz, Hart, Ingram, 2 1sts and the right to swap 2 other 1sts for Kawhi. This according to nba cap expert Larry Coon.

Spurs are smart.  They are in no hurry and are putting the squeeze on the Lakers.  If Lakers care about this year at all they have to make that trade and give up more than they were ould in a normal trade.  Classic chess match which favors the Spurs. Lakers could roll the dice and wait until next year and sign him as a FA.   Come on Spurs hold out and take those young players away from the cheating Lakers.

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

The concerns with IT are valid. We all know his weaknesses and the type of player he is. 

However, 

I think if we can get him it would be good for development. We can win some games with IT. Maybe for once we can establish some sort of a winning environment. Maybe we can actually play meaningful basketball post all star break. I don’t think you can downplay how valuable that would be to these guys to actually push for a playoff spot. Even if we don’t make it just being in the race would be worth something. 

yeah we need to have a leader until one develops here organically

1 hour ago, chosen12 said:

No question! I am a bit concerned that Bamba would be kind of passive from the start, but the other guys will have a chip on their shoulder, at least I hope they do because we need some real aggression on this club.

As long as I see one lob two feet above the basket that Bamba jams home my Friday will be complete.  The only thing better will be to watch some idiot try to stop it.