2018 Official Offseason Thread

PG: Augustin, Mack

SG: Ross, Simmons, Iwundu

SF: Fournier, Isaac, Mario?, Simmons, Frazier, Jackson

PF: Gordon, Isaac, Mario

C: Bamba, Vuch, Biyombo, Birch

Some thoughts going forward.

1. We are weakest at PG.

2. We need to decide what to do with Mack. Do we keep him? Or cut and try to add a guy in FA as back up/ to start?

3. Logjam at SF and C, though lots of the SF guys can play 2-4. Should look to move one of the Cs.

4. Currently have no open roster spots if we resign Mario in the main 15. If we do, I predict either Iwundu is cut or Jackson is moved on a 2 way.

I think it definitely has to be vuc that is moved and it has to be before the season starts or just don't play him. We need to move on from him, he changes the way the whole team has to play because of his poor d, so if we know he's not here long term just don't play him. No point having all the young guys learn to play to his weaknesses if he's not gonna be around much longer. If Bamba isn't ready to start then start Biz. I'd love for Biz to be moved at the deadline for someone just as bad (contract wise, same years and roughly same salary), preferably a PG. We aren't getting out of his deal so doing this will at least add to a position of need. I'm not sure what PGs are signed to terrible deals that teams may want to swap with Biz. We need to free up some time mid season for Birch, no point having him sitting and rotting. 

My gut tells me Vuch is gone before the season starts. 

Jackson will be a 2 way if anything. No way we cut Iwundu. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yahs8k7p

Without clicking the link, this is a straight up trade with the Nets. Vuch and Fournier  for Lin and Carrol.  Lin has to have his option picked up for this to work.

Reasons why the Magic do this, we need a Pg and a culture reset. All of Henny's boys have to go starting with these two. Lin can be a bridge and Carrol coming with him can kick-start heart and hustle magic, 2.0. 

Reasons why the Nets do this, they have too many point guards. The other reason is once they waive Dwight, they will need another center, Okafor is useless. 

They have made some savy moves to get some young talent, but i think they need a few veterans and both our players fit better on the Nets.

What do you think, outside of some wacky trades for some stars this seems reasonable.

If Bamba become great but Magic trade him to Lakers or let Bamba go to Lakers in a few years, can Magic just stop drafting centers and just sign a center in free agency from now on? 

• Downvote 2

28 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm so happy we got Bamba and not Wendell Carter

I agree, I am hoping that this kid, when the time comes will allow us to move on from Shaq and Dwight! That is a lot to ask from a 19 year old.