Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

19 minutes ago, Diplo said:

Fournier, #6, OKC pick and future 1st for Schroder and #3 to draft Doncic.

You do it?

I do in a heartbeat if Kings don't draft Doncic.

Probably. The OKC pick i'm not going to cry over. Fournier for Schroder, Hawks probably get the better player (it also creates a logjam for them). That would leave the future first. 

I'd also consider Kent Bazemore. Hawks get the better player, also signed one extra year (assuming Fournier exercises his option). Realistically we can't open up cap space for at least two years so Baze doesn't hurt us in the short term. 

Also, I want Isaiah Taylor in any trade talks. I really like him as a backup point guard and I thought he played very well from late February till the end of the season. 

Trades happening now.  Lakers get Philly's 39 pick (one of Philly's 4 second round picks) for their 2019 2nd round Chicago pick.  In a deep draft could we have gotten that pick.  Lakers will probably take someone came targeted at 41.  Hope this is not a sign of us being "a day late and a dollar short".  Come on FO do something!

If Orlando is willing to include Evan Fournier in a trade for Parsons, that could facilitate a deal involving the No. 4 and No. 6 picks, but the Magic currently appear reluctant to do so, instead preferring to give up Bismack Biyombo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23858201/memphis-grizzlies-discuss-trading-no-4-pick-nba-draft

6 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

If Orlando is willing to include Evan Fournier in a trade for Parsons, that could facilitate a deal involving the No. 4 and No. 6 picks, but the Magic currently appear reluctant to do so, instead preferring to give up Bismack Biyombo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23858201/memphis-grizzlies-discuss-trading-no-4-pick-nba-draft

Oh ****! 

If Doncic was available, I'd include Fournier no problem.

Still mighty tempting to make sure we get one of Bamba or JJJ and to have our pick of the 2.

3 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I saw this about MPJ. Such an underrated aspect of draft evaluation: how athletes think about training and taking care of themselves. 

MPJ Vegan Diet

Well that’s the biggest red flag I’ve seen on him. Athletes need meat and there is no athletic advantage to eating that way. 

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

I don't think we're trading with Memphis. Trading with Atlanta is easier. 

These rumors are setting us all up for a horribly depressing evening.  They are coming from reputable journalists with great track records, so it's fairly certain that there's at least some truth to them.  So when we either decide to ultimately not make a deal, or are simply outbid, it's going to make it that much more painful.

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I hope this is true. Though also I hope we're not trading with either unless it's for Doncic. I just don't think Bamba or Jackson are quite good enough to move up for. Though, I suppose if all it takes to move up to 4 for one of the two is 6, Biyombo (or even Fournier, really) and taking Parsons back, that's not so bad. I just happen to be one of the few who likes Carter as much as either Bamba or Jackson (though I understand the argument putting them on a slightly higher tier).

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

easier how? 

I think we'd have to give up more with ATL. With Memphis, I think we can meet their cost and still field a formidable team next season. I'd rather give uputure pick than Fournier to make the deal work for them. 

1 minute ago, Nyce_1 said:

easier how? 

I think we'd have to give up more with ATL. With Memphis, I think we can meet their cost and still field a formidable team next season. I'd rather give uputure pick than Fournier to make the deal work for them. 

I think I'd rather scuttle the 2019 draft and take schroder than take on Parsons. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I hope this is true. Though also I hope we're not trading with either unless it's for Doncic. I just don't think Bamba or Jackson are quite good enough to move up for. Though, I suppose if all it takes to move up to 4 for one of the two is 6, Biyombo (or even Fournier, really) and taking Parsons back, that's not so bad. I just happen to be one of the few who likes Carter as much as either Bamba or Jackson (though I understand the argument putting them on a slightly higher tier).

I don't think it's likely that we're trading up for anyone other than doncic. There's a reasonable chance that Jackson or Bamba is available at 6. Not more likely than not but still reasonable. Changes the math on the trade. 

And as much as I love Jackson there's a chance that Carter+19pick+OKC pick+not having schroder is more valuable than just Jackson.