Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

A bit off topic, but David Stern is for medical marijuana now. The last sentence of this quote is a little hilarious.

"It was generally known at some point, until we tightened the rules, that a lot of our players were smoking a lot of marijuana," Stern said. "In fact, some of our players came to us and said, 'Some of these guys are high coming into the game.' But we began tightening it up, and at that time people accepted the generally held wisdom that marijuana was a gateway drug and that if you start smoking, you're liable to go on to bigger and better stuff."

Did he really describe hard drugs as 'better stuff'?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2740666-david-stern-reverses-stance-says-medical-marijuana-should-be-allowed-in-nba

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

A bit off topic, but David Stern is for medical marijuana now. The last sentence of this quote is a little hilarious.

Did he really describe hard drugs as 'better stuff'?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2740666-david-stern-reverses-stance-says-medical-marijuana-should-be-allowed-in-nba

Water is a gateway drink

I have no problem with Fournier advocating for ball movement, even with AG. Last year plenty of our guys played hero ball, including AG, and it was a train wreck.

On 10/24/2017 at 4:27 PM, Payton4thewin said:

maybe he tried to be tough and play through it? Maybe he minimized his symptoms? maybe he has no pain tolerance like vince carter and should be able to play through it but cant?

weird scenario. makes sense why he looks like crap.

Fultz has had the shoulder injury since the beginning of camp. They're idiots to keep playing him. They need to see what he needs to have done and do it.

Don't look now, but Brooklyn just dumped Cleveland at home on the 2nd night of a back to back..... WITHOUT DRussell. Look at the shot disparity on the part of Cleveland. The Nets have a better team then everyone expected this year.

21 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Don't look now, but Brooklyn just dumped Cleveland at home on the 2nd night of a back to back..... WITHOUT DRussell. Look at the shot disparity on the part of Cleveland. The Nets have a better team then everyone expected this year.

I think Cleveland is worse than everyone expected too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Fournier and Gordon did get in a visible argument during the second quarter last night after Fournier took a contested jumper when Gordon was open on a cut.

Yeah I saw this happening at the time as well, sounded like Gordon said calm down bro to him in a defensive manner. The ball movement was terrible pretty much all game and I think Fourniers comments were correct and aimed at all of them himself included. The 2nd unit and Simmons in particular were quite guilty of it. So I think this talk of it being aimed at AG is nonsense, the whole team struggled with it.

One thing that's been clear to me at least is that since Oladipo left, Fournier and to a lesser extent Vooch took over as 'leaders' of the team in the locker room last year due to being the longest serving players and being arguably the no 1 and 2 options on the team and there's nothing wrong with that. I think with AG's improvement he's now on a par with them in terms of 'getting his' and if he continues and makes the big jump we are all hoping he will, then he should become the no1 option and make that team his. I feel like the locker room dynamics are in that crossing over period of that happening and I feel like Evan is going to have to adjust to not being the alpha in the locker room he thinks he is.

I don't think it has any bearing on how they play together as a team when they are on court, I think they have genuinely all bought into giving the ball to the person in the best position to score. I just see it as AG looks like he's making that leap as a player and is starting to gain confidence and be more vocal and it's slowly shifting to being 'his' team. All locker rooms have tension and cliques and 99% of the time that has no impact on team play when they are out there. Obviously it's hard to say if any of that is actually true without being in that locker room on a daily basis but I just feel that there's some alpha dog going on in the background.

3 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

It was the second night of a back-to-back for Cleveland too

4 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

When we lost to the Nets I thought oh no, here we go again losing to lousy teams. After seeing how hard they play twice I think they have a legit team that will give a lot of teams fits trying to keep up with. Congrats to our team #1 in the east!