Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Glad to see we have signed Simmons over Shabazz. He's a really good addition. He's capable of playing SG and SF, and will either come off the bench or start for us. Ideally I'd throw him in at starting SF and bring Ross and Isaac off the bench.

Dident mean we would get melo. We just might be one of the 4 teams

Well NY reportedly has backed out after signing Perry as their GM.

Maybe to keep him or do a different deal.

I really love this signing. I, for once, feels this is a really good move. He is definitely underpaid, which surprised me coming from the magic.

I dont think we are done yet. I see us now moving Ross somehow.

I dont think we can afford moving Mario out of the rotation unless we are considering him to be Fournier back up at SG.

I see Jonathan starting(reason why he, surprisingly, selected the Magic)

Ross, Augustin and VUC needs to go.

I really love this signing. I, for once, feels this is a really good move. He is definitely underpaid, which surprised me coming from the magic.

I dont think we can afford moving Mario out of the rotation unless we are considering him to be Fournier back up at SG.

Just wondering! Why would you want to get rid of Ross? I think he'd be a great 6th man.

Also if Simmons is starting at SF our shooting is going to be that much more atrocious. Vucevic, Gordon Simmons, Fournier, and Payton looks terrible on paper offensively.

I think it all depends on rotation. Augustine is third string, so moving him isn't really important. Ross and Fournier are the only offensive weapons that aren't detrimental on the other end of the court. I don't think either of them move unless a significant piece comes back. Vuc could definitely go if the price is right, but that depends on if Birch can hold down the backup 5 spot with help from Gordon and Isaac.

With the current rotation, it's really a matter of what guys are willing to do that will determine who needs to go. If Fournier/Ross/Vuc are willing to come off the bench, the team will be fine for now. Otherwise, there might be some funky lineups that don't really work.

I think having two polar opposite borderline-starting-caliber centers hurts more than anything else.

We could see:

Payton-Simmons-Fournier-Gordon-Vuc

Mack-Ross-Hezonja-Isaac-Biyombo

Or

Payton-Ross-Fournier-Gordon-Biyombo

Mack-Simmons-Hezonja-Isaac-Vuc

Or

Payton-Ross-Hezonja-Gordon-Vuc

Mack-Simmons-Fournier-Isaac-Biyombo

The only locks right now in their starting positions are Payton and Gordon. I think the other guys could be shuffled around between positions or between starting and bench roles depending on what works.

It's kind of depressing to me that those two are locks, not because they are that good, but only because there aren't really any other options at their positions.

I think it all depends on rotation. Augustine is third string, so moving him isn't really important. Ross and Fournier are the only offensive weapons that aren't detrimental on the other end of the court. I don't think either of them move unless a significant piece comes back. Vuc could definitely go if the price is right, but that depends on if Birch can hold down the backup 5 spot with help from Gordon and Isaac.

With the current rotation, it's really a matter of what guys are willing to do that will determine who needs to go. If Fournier/Ross/Vuc are willing to come off the bench, the team will be fine for now. Otherwise, there might be some funky lineups that don't really work.

I think having two polar opposite borderline-starting-caliber centers hurts more than anything else.

We could see:

Payton-Simmons-Fournier-Gordon-Vuc

Mack-Ross-Hezonja-Isaac-Biyombo

Or

Payton-Ross-Fournier-Gordon-Biyombo

Mack-Simmons-Hezonja-Isaac-Vuc

Or

Payton-Ross-Hezonja-Gordon-Vuc

Mack-Simmons-Fournier-Isaac-Biyombo

The only locks right now in their starting positions are Payton and Gordon. I think the other guys could be shuffled around between positions or between starting and bench roles depending on what works.

It's kind of depressing to me that those two are locks, not because they are that good, but only because there aren't really any other options at their positions.

Not sure if payton is a lock. Mack can push him.

Honestly..this is the first time in a long time that the Magic have signed someone that I thought they had no chance of signing.

I think a trade could be coming with Biz packaged with either Ross or Mario.

You see someone taking that horrible Biz contact from us?