Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Do not trade Vuc

It seems as the only player who deserve to stay. He is clearly playing as our best player. Unfortunately, the best player is the one with the most value.

I do rather see Ibaka traded first since it appear he does not want to stay.

What is Boston doing with Ibaka? Can't imagine him coming off the bench and commanding big bucks.

He'd be an immediate upgrade over their current starter, Amir Johnson. They'd have the ability to resign him for another run at the po's next season.

I don't think we need to trade Vuc at this point, but he has more value than most guys on the roster and he's not a centerpiece player to build with. Tbh I'd trade anyone on this team for the right price.

I don't think we need to trade Vuc at this point, but he has more value than most guys on the roster and he's not a centerpiece player to build with. Tbh I'd trade anyone on this team for the right price.

I go back and forth on this. On one hand he's really coming into his own defensively which makes his average/poor offensive nights more palatable and his good offensive nights icing on the cake.

On the other hand he's moody, doesn't always play hard and struggles with centers who are bigger or more athletic than him.

And yet he's on a fantastic contact.

So do you put up with the negatives because you have a decent chance of mitigating them? And unless you're drafting a center you'll never find a guy whose able to contribute for 12 million at the levels Vucevic does when he's having a good game.

Or do you cash him in and hope a step back at center is manageable if you get the right guy in there and can bring in talent in another area?

I don't know.

The complaint about Vucevic has always been his defense. Now that it has improved, what glaring weakness does he really have? If he can solidify his defense for a few more games, then he becomes a double double machine with good defense. On a cheap contract.

If he can continue to build his value this way I see no reason to hold him. Sell high.

Vuch doesn't fit today's game. What championship team or close to championship team gets there every year with a guy like him?

While he is good he will never translate into team success in today's NBA.

If Vuch turned into ultimate unattainable Vuch he would be D. Cousins. Guess what? He can't win either...so why would we want Vuch?

Vuch doesn't fit today's game. What championship team or close to championship team gets there every year with a guy like him?

While he is good he will never translate into team success in today's NBA.

If Vuch turned into ultimate unattainable Vuch he would be D. Cousins. Guess what? He can't win either...so why would we want Vuch?

A better way to see Vuc. Since we lost Howard he has been our best player. Many of our roster moves were made to fit a team around him. It has failed.

Vuc just doesn't fit our timeline. He'll be 27 next season, so he's already well into his prime. And we're about to reset our rebuild.

Also I think our main goal should be moving AG to the 4, and him and Vuc together is not an ideal pairing.