Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Been there, done that, these past five years. People are understandably critical if it doesn't look like the "plan" makes sense.

It's understandable.

But people need to realize our last 5 years were a complete and utter failure. We have to start from near scratch. But we do have AG/Issac to ideally build around.

Everyone else might be gone in 2 years.

Fine but at least let their early moves make sense. How does trading the 25 pick, late first rounder in a very deep draft, for a top 20 protected pick that most likely will become two second rounders about 5 years from now, make any sense at all? What kind of stamp is that?

did they announce top 20 protected...if so for f#cks sakes how do we keep finding GMs who don't know how to value assets. I think I may already be thinking fire the current gm and don't wait for him to screw it up for 5 more years. We are buffoons if we allowed top 20 that far down the road.

Not sure how much second rounders in 2022 are going to help with that. What crap contracts will we have at that point, and who would want one for a second rounder?

It's not a second rounder in 2022. It could be. But we will trade that pick long before we know. So it won't matter.

LOL. Even Issac just said he knows it's a "Process".

Let rebuild 2.0 commence.

This is still rebuild 1.0. We are just going at the speed of the 1-4 Project.

Because you can package these future picks in deals to get some of these crap contracts off the books. It just gives us more options and flexibility.

If they aren't made this year I don't care. Probably irrational but this is just bad in my opinion.

I'm low key getting hyped about Isaac/AG at the 3/4 and some 4/5. That could be great.

In b4 we trade 33 for pick 45 and cash.

You're the most patient fan on this board.

I am cool with it. For the first time in ages we are going into a season with the same coaching staff. Continuity will be important. I think AG has a chance to be a AMAZING PF

I'm low key getting hyped about Isaac/AG at the 3/4 and some 4/5. That could be great.

Shhh keep it down before they hear you.

Also I'm probably the only person here who still believes in Payton and Gordon

probably....5 years of the worst team in the league and the fuse is very short. I bet the arena looks like a ghost town by mid december. This organization deserves every bit of it!