Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Are you serious?

theres only 30 picks...lol. Only Otis could be that stupid....well maybe Rob too. Actually if there aren't protections on it Im OK with the trade. It would have been nice to package it for a talent this year...god we know this team needs it. However absent that happening it will be a future asset that if it were unprotected could be a high pick...who knows down the road. If Westbrook wears himself out by then or leaves to join Cleveland or Golden State like the rest of the NBA studs OKC could slip into Magic level suckle....but its Philly and they should be stacked by then...arrrgh

All in all Im OK with Isaac cause big men usually always have value but for god sakes we have so many more important positions to fill. Why we didn't move up or drop 3 picks for DSJ I guess management loved Isaac. It does seem like the only time we get active in trades we are giving things away...

Front Office is clearly just cleaning house. Don't even want additional players to complicate the vast personnel changes approaching.

Front Office is clearly just cleaning house. Don't even want additional players to complicate the vast personnel changes approaching.

It does seem like they want to bottom out and hit the reset button.

Yup. Trader Gabe as an advisor with Trader John...

It doesn't matter. It's top 20 protected and could easily just become 2 second rounders. Move makes no sense. No upside.

You're right, unfortunately. I edited my earlier post. I guess our new management don't like rookies.

Way I see it, we had 4 chances in the first 35 picks to swing for the fences in a really deep draft. For whatever reason, we basically chose not to do that. I don't know if I can stand to watch more or less the same group play again next season. Hoping they blow it up over the summer, but won't be as exciting as having some potential star young players at this point.

If I have to watch Vuch playing catch with Fournier again, I'm either throwing a brick at the TV or changing the channel.

If you are cleaning house wouldn't you want young projects to take their place?

• Upvote 1

Lakers getting Josh Hart at 30. Seriously love their draft. Even if they trade half these guys for PG they're getting guys who I think have a future in the NBA.

Yeah trying to clear out any of those draft picks Henny had left....gotta clean house even if we give them away. Management continues to amaze me how they just can't pull a great trade...EVER! Its like they refuse to make the effort or just decide to trade picks for undisclosed cash considerations.