Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Id rather pay the extra money for Horford then trade Vucevic. I'd rather pay Horford/Ibaka than Vucevic/Ibaka. The few extra million is worth it and by trading Vucevic we could better round out the roster while upgrading. It's a win/win. I'd go hard after Horford but not freak out about losing out.

vuc is much younger than horford. I think we found the best person you can have next to vuch. I dont think we trade. I we need more defense verse a team, we go Ibaka and gordon up front.

We are just going to add a some more quality vets. I think we two more.

Nik plus a vet big.

Vuch / Dedmon (return) / Z

Serge / Gordon / Vet

Nik (free agent) / Mario / Summer League Player

Fournier / Meek / Marble

Payton / Watson / Napier

This trade for Meeks doesnt really make sense for me at all.

Letting Nicholson go due to the cap hold of 2 millions and then getting someone back with 6.5 million. I dont understand. This guy was seriously hurt last year.I dont think he will be the same as before ever.

I would it be ok with the move if we had included Napier in the trade.

I'll take Meeks and his expiring over Nicholson and whatever contract he fetches any day. Meeks is not a bad player at all. He's a really nice player off the bench that people will end up liking once the season starts.

A much better value then what we would have had to fork over for Crawford, and he's 10 years younger. If we can hit on one of the top 5 free agents I'll be thrilled with this off-season.

Ibaka

Meeks

Main Free Agent

Lesser Free Agent

More developed AG & Mario

Ideally a less sucky Payton

A top 5 NBA coach (yea I said it)

We are a much improved team. Not winning a title next year by any stretch, but I see a real foundation for the first time in years.

I'll take Meeks and his expiring over Nicholson and whatever contract he fetches any day. Meeks is not a bad player at all. He's a really nice player off the bench that people will end up liking once the season starts.

A much better value then what we would have had to fork over for Crawford, and he's 10 years younger. If we can hit on one of the top 5 free agents I'll be thrilled with this off-season.

Ibaka

Meeks

Main Free Agent

Lesser Free Agent

More developed AG & Mario

Ideally a less sucky Payton

A top 5 NBA coach (yea I said it)

We are a much improved team. Not winning a title next year by any stretch, but I see a real foundation for the first time in years.

Agreed, if we manage to hit on a big name free agent and some useful rotational players to add to what we've got, and it's exciting to see some of the line ups we could put on the court. Including some small ball lines up which could feature five players capable of knockin down three pointers. It will be interesting to see if Vogel incorporates that into our schemes, or prefers to keep bigs on the court instead of going to small ball line ups. But we've got a good base to build on. All we need now is to hit a home run or two in free agency.

This trade for Meeks doesnt really make sense for me at all.

Letting Nicholson go due to the cap hold of 2 millions and then getting someone back with 6.5 million. I dont understand. This guy was seriously hurt last year.I dont think he will be the same as before ever.

I would it be ok with the move if we had included Napier in the trade.

I don't think Nicholson was let go because of the cap hold, he was let go because he's not a very good player and has always struggled to find minutes and a role from day one so the Magic had no real interest in having him back.

If we plan on running small ball with Ibaka at the 5 and AG at the 4 then we better trade VUC before the season starts. His value will never be higher. if he's relegated to a back up role or gets frustrated with his lack of play and request a trade, you can kiss whatever value he has around the league goodbye.

If we plan on running small ball with Ibaka at the 5 and AG at the 4 then we better trade VUC before the season starts. His value will never be higher. if he's relegated to a back up role or gets frustrated with his lack of play and request a trade, you can kiss whatever value he has around the league goodbye.

Na, not even close. Vuch has value no matter what. He's a top 5 offensive center that struggles on the defensive end but is an elite rebounder.

Whether we start him or move him to a Kanter role will have no effect on his value. GM's know who he is and what he does/doesn't do. Throw in his bargain contract and his value will remain high as long as he's here.

Last thing we need to do is be in a rush to trade him.

• Upvote 2

Na, not even close. Vuch has value no matter what. He's a top 5 offensive center that struggles on the defensive end but is an elite rebounder.

Whether we start him or move him to a Kanter role will have no effect on his value. GM's know who he is and what he does/doesn't do. Throw in his bargain contract and his value will remain high as long as he's here.

Last thing we need to do is be in a rush to trade him.

Yup. Shop him, don't dump him

We can still sign one max player. Can we please stop mentioning Parsons though?

Rob could always start getting more involved in trade talks as an alternative. Let's see. Still have plenty of time.

But that is who we are going to sign

I don't think Nicholson was let go because of the cap hold, he was let go because he's not a very good player and has always struggled to find minutes and a role from day one so the Magic had no real interest in having him back.

That's not true. Nicholson was Duncan 2.0. The Magic didn't sign because they are so sure he is so good he will command 30 mil per. They knew that if they unleashed him, then the rest of the NBA would know and he'll be our kryptonite. So, letting go of Duncan 2.0 is better now before the rest of the NBA realizes how stellar he is, but it's wiser not to pay him 30 mil because he'd eat up our cap room in one fell swoop.

The future of Orlando is Aaron Gordon, start him at the 3 and slide him to the 4 when Ibaka plays center... Ibaka spaces the floor on offense, and can play defense against the center of the opposite team. Just hoping Payton and Gordon develop under Frank Vogel. I think we have a good core already, it all just depends on Payton and Gordon. Keep VUC! he's just gonna get better, turns 26 in october.