Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Check out @bizandthegeek's Tweet:

Sweet! Maybe 3rd time's the charm with a Spurs Alum..

20 years experience.. last 9 with Spurs in charge of player development

Did we rehire Otis Smith. If we do this Im done with this franchise until we get new ownership and top to bottom changes.

The Magic’s strategy, a source told Sporting News recently, will involve luring former Florida Gators back to Central Florida. That means former Gator champs Joakim Noah and Al Horford, but also includes Mavericks small forward Chandler Parsons, who will be a free agent this summer, too. 6 hours ago – via Sporting News

Did we rehire Otis Smith. If we do this Im done with this franchise until we get new ownership and top to bottom changes.

The Magic’s strategy, a source told Sporting News recently, will involve luring former Florida Gators back to Central Florida. That means former Gator champs Joakim Noah and Al Horford, but also includes Mavericks small forward Chandler Parsons, who will be a free agent this summer, too. 6 hours ago – via Sporting News

Noah isn't even a good NBA player anymore, Parsons has chronically bad knees, Horford is on the wrong side of 30. Of those, only player I have any interest in is Horford but he's only exciting if he's paired with someone else. And even then he's not exciting.

I am not opposed to that as long as we keep our core of young players.

I think Horford and Parson are really good players that will makes us better.Noah is a serviceable bench player that will play with heart. We need that. Honestly there are not many players available and is not that Star players are looking forward to come to Orlando.

PAYTON

DIPO

PARSON/MARIO

HORFORD/GORDON

VUC/NOAH

It is Not the perfect scenario but Not bad either. We can be a top 5 team in the east with that roster.

As we saw earlier today, new york and indiana maked some moves that already maked them better. If new york decides to Also sign Dwight then I will consider them an easy top 3 team in the east for sure.

I think we need to be as aggressive as ee can to be able to make it to the next level.

I am not opposed to that as long as we keep our core of young players.

I think Horford and Parson are really good players that will makes us better.Noah is a serviceable bench player that will play with heart. We need that. Honestly there are not many players available and is not that Star players are looking forward to come to Orlando.

PAYTON

DIPO

PARSON/MARIO

HORFORD/GORDON

VUC/NOAH

It is Not the perfect scenario but Not bad either. We can be a top 5 team in the east with that roster.

As we saw earlier today, new york and indiana maked some moves that already maked them better. If new york decides to Also sign Dwight then I will consider them an easy top 3 team in the east for sure.

I think we need to be as aggressive as ee can to be able to make it to the next level.

D12 to NYC is no threat.

I'm interested to see if Vogel can improve Vucevic on the Defensive end. Our team D as a whole also obviously. I'd really like to keep Vooch.

I get the feeling that Rob is satisfied with Payton running the point again. If not why wouldn't he have given up the 11 foe Teauge?

I get the feeling that Rob is satisfied with Payton running the point again. If not why wouldn't he have given up the 11 foe Teauge?

Cap space is the most likely reason that comes to mind. If we want to try to get two max level guys this summer, Teague's 8 million would have made that harder if not impossible. I'm also wondering if we won't see more backcourt rotations without any traditional PG next season given the way the league is going. Dipo-Hezonja in the guard positions?

The other possibility is that he thinks he has another deal he can make either via trade or FA....

"While some around the league believe the Rose deal is a signal that the Bulls want to move forward with Butler as the focal point and new face of the team, several league sources insisted Wednesday that the Bulls are still inclined to move Butler if the right pieces present themselves."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/23302/by-moving-on-from-derrick-rose-bulls-begin-retooling