Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Moe Williams made the allstars that year

Z was in decline but a 2 time allstar

Didn't Mo only make it because Jameer was injured?

From a pure talent standpoint, absolutely.

The question is, Is Jones too similar to Gordon that we're doing a disservice by not diversifying our bench players to cover potential weaknesses?

fair point.

Looking back at the 2009 season, do you guys realize how crazy it is that we beat the Cavs?

Lebron was having the best season of his career and arguably the greatest post season in NBA history. The Cavs regular season was one of the 15 best regular seasons in NBA history.

Lebron was averaging 35/9/7 in the playoffs with a 37.4(!!!!!) PER a BPM of 18.2. Those numbers are magnitudes above even Jordan.

He averaged 39/8/8 against us

and we still won. Unbelievable.

1st post on this board, so what up fellas?

I remember when the TNT guys went around the table making their predictions once that series was set. They hot to Barkley after everyone else picked the Cavs and he just sat there and took a deep breath. Kenny Smith looks at him and says, "I know you're not thinking about picking Orlando". Charles confirmed my wild belief that Orlando had a much better team than Cleveland and that LBJ, as great as he was wouldn't be enough to cover for them.

Even though that series went 6, we were head and shoulders better than them. Would've only gone 5 had LBJ not rattled in that game winner (he even shocked himself by making that shot..he thought it was over).

Didn't Mo only make it because Jameer was injured?

He still got in. You don't see magic players slipping in.

Yes...previous to that he cried to the media about not making it.

I remember that. Didn't he use to call himself the Godfather for some reason? I remember him throwing the ball at Dwight after Dwight owned him. It wasn't called for whatever reason. :shard:/>/>

1st post on this board, so what up fellas?

I remember when the TNT guys went around the table making their predictions once that series was set. They hot to Barkley after everyone else picked the Cavs and he just sat there and took a deep breath. Kenny Smith looks at him and says, "I know you're not thinking about picking Orlando". Charles confirmed my wild belief that Orlando had a much better team than Cleveland and that LBJ, as great as he was wouldn't be enough to cover for them.

Even though that series went 6, we were head and shoulders better than them. Would've only gone 5 had LBJ not rattled in that game winner (he even shocked himself by making that shot..he thought it was over).

Welcome to the forum. That series was the highlight of my 26 years of being a Magic fan.

Welcome to the forum. That series was the highlight of my 26 years of being a Magic fan.

Thanks.

That series was fun for me. But my "Magic Moment" was the Shaq and Penny days.

Updated List

Vucevic, J. Noah, Project (Rookie)

Gordon, Nicholson, D. West

H. Barnes, Hezonja, Marble

Victor, Fournier, D. Valentine (Rookie)

Payton, Watson, Napier

I like the Noel idea. As long as we don't give up the 11 pick plus one of our core guys for him. Noel is what Vuc isn't. He's athletic, blocks shots, and moves better defensively than Vuc does.

Updated List

Vucevic, J. Noah, Project (Rookie)

Gordon, Nicholson, D. West

H. Barnes, Hezonja, Marble

Victor, Fournier, D. Valentine (Rookie)

Payton, Watson, Napier

You would really play Nicholson more minutes than David West?

I hate Nicholson