Trey Time

This Magic Moment

Funny how different Kobe's career would have been had Shaq never left. The trickle down effect from moves like Shaq leaving are pretty intense. Kobe most likely never stays his whole career in LA. He already almost left like 7 times. The Magic probably have at least 3 rings.

Funny how different Kobe's career would have been had Shaq never left. The trickle down effect from moves like Shaq leaving are pretty intense. Kobe most likely never stays his whole career in LA. He already almost left like 7 times. The Magic probably have at least 3 rings.

Kobe likely doesn't even go to LA.

That poll was the biggest snake job ever.

"Is Shaq worth $100 million?"

It's a poorly worded question. So every idiot who says "no athlete is 'worth' 100 million, we should pay teachers and doctors 100 million" comes out and votes no.

Everyone who has taken a basic statistics class knows that the wording of a poll means everything. You can artificially manipulate responses based on the language you use. They wanted to cause controversy so they put out that story to cause drama.

I enjoyed Shaq calling it the "Orlando Slantinel" in the documentary. He definitely still blames the newspaper. I also like how there was no organization bad-mouthing toward us, and mostly regret expressed between Shaq and Penny. This kind of exposure could really help with recruiting this summer.

The Magic should take advantage of this and build a special organization around those two. There's a bridge that desperately needs to be rebuilt I feel.

That was tough and fun, lots of great memories and a lot of great games won during that time.

The business side, and story lines are always a tough thing to deal with, especially with young guys. Mistakes were made all around.

We should of had championships, but hey things happen.

Just finished it

...sigh. The team will never be as good as it was with those players, and because of management were never got to see the fulfillment of what they could do. Then, when by some miracle we got the next Shaq, the same thing happened.

And when/if we ever luck in to another star, the same thing will happen

Just finished it

...sigh. The team will never be as good as it was with those players, and because of management were never got to see the fulfillment of what they could do. Then, when by some miracle we got the next Shaq, the same thing happened.

And when/if we ever luck in to another star, the same thing will happen

I sorta agree with you, although I think it's possible we learned from those mistakes, but I'm curious to what specifically makes you think that?

Without question, in fact it really suggest that it was Shaq that kept Kobe healthy! So, the question is not only would Kobe have remained, but remained healthy and successful without Shaq?

I thought Penny said it all when he said, "I hated Kobe...those were my rings." smile_beatcomp.gif

This doc was also further proof that the 90's was by far the coolest decade.

Yeah, the 1490s were the ****.