Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

My problem with Dwight is that he can't shoot free throws and becomes a liability in late game situations.

He better pray Adam Silver changes the Hack-A rules

Dwight needs to consult a mental health professional! There now its been said......... Dwight is stuck in some sort of dysfunctional mental disorder where he does not grasp the reality of any given moment!

He would be fine coming back home, if only he knew where it was, he continues to blame his issues on anyone but himself!

If we could look at the end results of bringing him back, it would look something like this " BREAKING NEWS Dwight Howard not happy with his mins, not happy with his number of touches, not happy with plays never being called for him, not happy....not happy....not happy... So I say Pass on Dwight!!!! Grab Hibbert if Whiteside resigns with the Heat!

smile_creaturedance.gif

Anyone who reads that interview in any other way than "woe is me. Look at how badly everyone else has treated me over the years" is kidding themselves. He doesn't understand what his issue is. He wouldn't be good here

Man +1. I still can't believe people eat it up. I was literally rolling my eyes reading the whole thing. Dude is just fake.

Anyone who reads that interview in any other way than "woe is me. Look at how badly everyone else has treated me over the years" is kidding themselves. He doesn't understand what his issue is. He wouldn't be good here

Your finally seeing it the right way.

His reality is not like ours. Dude came out of high school as an immature kid turned million dollar pro ball player. And not just any pro baller. Dwight was considered the next great big man. He's still holding onto that. All good athletes do.

His interview isn't a woes is me. It comes across that way because of how he puts things but he's really being open and honest.

It's a very interesting interview, he says a lot instead of just brushing over points, but I can't help feel this interview is just him trying to sell himself for when he opts out in Houston. I do think he is accepting he has issues though:

"My friends kept telling me, 'Even if you aren't getting shots, there are so many other things you can control while you are on the floor.' And they were right. I allowed not getting the ball to affect me. That's on me.

Part of me would like to see him back in Orlando, I need a reason to make the trip over again and I'm not doing that to watch them lose badly. However another part of me hopes that if he doesn't come back he gets screwed and ends up on a bench somewhere.

I honestly think he has change. He seems to be more mature now than how he was 8 years ago. I think he now knows and understand that he is not truly the super star he once was and likely not the best player in a team.

He is still a great defender and I will welcome him back if he really shows more commitment toward his player and coach. He also seems to be healthy again.

I dont recall what my vote was but I will change my vote to yes if i voted no.

It's a very interesting interview, he says a lot instead of just brushing over points, but I can't help feel this interview is just him trying to sell himself for when he opts out in Houston. I do think he is accepting he has issues though:

"My friends kept telling me, 'Even if you aren't getting shots, there are so many other things you can control while you are on the floor.' And they were right. I allowed not getting the ball to affect me. That's on me.

Part of me would like to see him back in Orlando, I need a reason to make the trip over again and I'm just not doing that to watch them lose badly. However another part of me hopes that if he doesn't come back he gets screwed and ends up on a bench somewhere.

How many times have we heard that though?

How many times have we heard that though?

Well.. He has never said like that. Again, I think he knows know that this is his last contract and wants to do it right. I dont see any other team he will suceed other than Orlando, Portland or Dallas.

I think playing for Vogel will be good. Vogel is a great big guy coach. Look what he did with Hibbert and most recently Turner. He can make Dwight really good. Number 12 is available again.

Well.. He has never said like that. Again, I think he knows know that this is his last contract and wants to do it right. I dont see any other team he will suceed other than Orlando, Portland or Dallas.

I think playing for Vogel will be good. Vogel is a great big guy coach. Look what he did with Hibbert and most recently Turner. He can make Dwight really good. Number 12 is available again.

So how do we know he isn't faking it to get one last big contract? This is exactly why I don't believe him. He had every reason to act like he's changed.

as others pointed out, he still doesn't get what the problem is.

Hibbert wanted to be coached. He didnt have a malignant diva attitude. Sure, Dwight is more talented, but what's the point? He's a coach killer -- look what he did to Stan -- do you want a repeat with Vogel? No thanks, I like Vogel.

So how do we know he isn't faking it to get one last big contract? This is exactly why I don't believe him. He had every reason to act like he's changed.

Also, as others pointed out, he still doesn't get what the problem is.

Also Hibbert wanted to be coached. He doesn't have a malignant diva attitude. Sure, Dwight is more talented, but what's the point? Also he's a coach killer -- look what he did to Stan -- do you want a repeat with Vogel?

Let's talk about this for a hot second:

1. If tension becomes high between Dwight and Vogel and/or his teammates, Dwight would be off of this team rather quickly. Dwight is not the superstar he was, nor is he the cherished child of Magic Management anymore. If we brought him on, I can guarantee you he wouldn't have the power to be a coach-killer like before.

2. In adding to that, He needs us (for his image's sake) more than we need him. It would be a feel good story for him to repair his reputation. NO OTHER team can do this. It's what Dwight wants more than anything: to be loved, accepted, and adored once again. That means that the MAGIC have more leverage when talking negotiations.

3. We need a defensive anchor big man. We all know this. We have elite defenders at PG, SG, and PF. We need a shot-blocking center to that's good at help defense. The likelihood is the Vooch isn't our answer for this. Whiteside isn't leaving. Dedmon isn't the answer. That leaves Dwight - who wants to play for us again.

Here are my honest thoughts: We offer him a 4 year contract worth near-max money. The guaranteed money in that contract is incredibly low though. So, if we want to cut him because he's not getting along with coaches or management, then we can with little financial burden.

We get a shot-blocking center and a renewed energy to the team with a low risk and Dwight gets his final shot at redemption.

Everyone wins.

• Upvote 3

I agree, Howard can say anything to get the contract he wants, but is there even a hint that he would actually follow through on what he is saying? We are still recovering from the damage he caused when he was here before. And, has he been effective for either the Lakers or for Houston?

Hibbert wanted to be coached. He didnt have a malignant diva attitude. Sure, Dwight is more talented, but what's the point? He's a coach killer -- look what he did to Stan -- do you want a repeat with Vogel? No thanks, I like Vogel.

Valid points and that is how i felt before. However, he is still cares on how people think of him. He wants to end his career in a good note. That is why I think he might be sincere. He is working harder than ever to improve his game this offseason. He already has hired two different trainers to work kn bis game. He never did that before. He was too arrogant to admit that he needed to inprove his game.

He worked with hakeem before but it was just for a a few days and was mainly really to gather more attention.

I think even in that last interview he even described himself and Harden asa potential little kobe and Shak duo. Weird.