Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAMETHREAD: TORONTO RAPTORS VS ORLANDO MAGIC

You see how this team played the last seven games? Now look at the schedule, the next seven games will go a long way in predicting if this team will make the playoffs or not. If they play well there still is a chance if not the schedule after that gets really ugly and there is a distinct possibility for maybe 35 wins.

You see how this team played the last seven games? Now look at the schedule, the next seven games will go a long way in predicting if this team will make the playoffs or not. If they play well there still is a chance if not the schedule after that gets really ugly and there is a distinct possibility for maybe 35 wins.

Im really hoping for at least 4 wins out of the next 7 because the schedule gets a lot more difficult after that.

We played a horrible game. We shot 8 free throws, they shot 31. I see that as outright biased officiating but that is in very nearly every game we play. BUT, with all of that, the 2nd ranked team in the East had to go to overtime to beat us by 3 points. If we EVER get an "officials union" that is not totally in the tank for specific players and teams, AND we manage to get consistent play from our guys, we will make the playoffs.

We played a horrible game. We shot 8 free throws, they shot 31. I see that as outright biased officiating but that is in very nearly every game we play. BUT, with all of that, the 2nd ranked team in the East had to go to overtime to beat us by 3 points. If we EVER get an "officials union" that is not totally in the tank for specific players and teams, AND we manage to get consistent play from our guys, we will make the playoffs.

I didn't think we played a horrible game at all. Maybe in the first half. In the second we played really well in my opinion. The officiating was a joke. I was sat behind the basket we were attacking in the second half and the number of no calls was insane. Especially when Derozan and Lowry drew fouls on damn near every drive.

I think my biggest disappointment was Vuc. His defense was inconsistent (one play he'd help well, get a block and the rebound, the next hed just allow an open layup) and he was shooting awfully. He made some good passes but also made a couple of terrible ones.

I am so ready for a solid veteran that is on the downward side of his prime that contributes but ultimately teaches the 3-6 young guys on the team how and what to do. When we were losing it was easy to ignore because I simply didnt watch the games. Now we are winning but not enough. I just want our young guys to play to their maximum and im not patient enough to wait. I feel like if we had more of a dominant vet presence they all would be playing better.

I'm willing to overpay for a guy like Granett, Pierce, Dirk, Kobe, Bosh, Iggy, Deng, Randolph.

Old McGrady, Carter, Wallace.

I just want a guy with some passion and leadership. We have 0 leaders(as in a player that ultimately understands what a leader is and what a winning culture is) on this team.

We are ahead of or at least on schedule but I feel like we could be so much more if we weren't one of the youngest teams in the NBA. I really really hate it!

Passion and Leadership: We have it in Dipo. He can carry this team if GIVEN THE RIGHT JOB. HE IS NOT A PG and the 1-5 slide is largely due to an inefficient offense which also overworks the backcourt thereby leading to an inefficient defense.

The importance of Payton's talent cannot be overstated here.

DIPO IS A SCORER AND LOCKDOWN DEFENDER. IF HE DRIVES TO THE BASKET, HE NEEDS TO DRIVE WITH CONFIDENCE. HE NEEDS TO GET THOSE CALLS FROM THE REFS. We would have won the Toronto game if he only was given the benefit of ONE FT call. Just ONE.

I don't agree with going older. Skiles needs to learn like any good coach what the BEST role of each player is. The recent skid is due to an unhealthy Payton. His ROLE on this team is THAT important. Perhaps if CJ was back, it would show how better we would be with a true PG running the show.

SKILES -- DIPO IS NOT A PG. FREE HIM UP TO BE SCORER. He needs less burden on his shoulders. Get Payton healthy ASAP. And get Frye out of that starting lineup.

Our second unit has been sucking up since Dipo left the second unit and with an unhealthy Payton coming off the bench, it was ugly. If Dipo starts again, put Fournier and Frye to perhaps lead the second unit. Balance with this team is key. Too much scoring is in the first unit and not enough defense. Putting Gordon in the starting unit will add depth there while putting Frye and Fournier could perhaps beef up the second unit.

Dipo and Payton is the future and with Dipo back to better FG% numbers, I don't oppose pairing him up with Payton again. We open things up for Harris by putting another wing in Gordon who can also play solid defense and get us rebounds in the interior. And, by golly, someone please get VUC some weights. He needs to get stronger and tougher.

Passion and Leadership: We have it in Dipo. He can carry this team if GIVEN THE RIGHT JOB. HE IS NOT A PG and the 1-5 slide is largely due to an inefficient offense which also overworks the backcourt thereby leading to an inefficient defense.

The importance of Payton's talent cannot be overstated here.

DIPO IS A SCORER AND LOCKDOWN DEFENDER. IF HE DRIVES TO THE BASKET, HE NEEDS TO DRIVE WITH CONFIDENCE. HE NEEDS TO GET THOSE CALLS FROM THE REFS. We would have won the Toronto game if he only was given the benefit of ONE FT call. Just ONE.

I don't agree with going older. Skiles needs to learn like any good coach what the BEST role of each player is. The recent skid is due to an unhealthy Payton. His ROLE on this team is THAT important. Perhaps if CJ was back, it would show how better we would be with a true PG running the show.

SKILES -- DIPO IS NOT A PG. FREE HIM UP TO BE SCORER. He needs less burden on his shoulders. Get Payton healthy ASAP. And get Frye out of that starting lineup.

Our second unit has been sucking up since Dipo left the second unit and with an unhealthy Payton coming off the bench, it was ugly. If Dipo starts again, put Fournier and Frye to perhaps lead the second unit. Balance with this team is key. Too much scoring is in the first unit and not enough defense. Putting Gordon in the starting unit will add depth there while putting Frye and Fournier could perhaps beef up the second unit.

Dipo and Payton is the future and with Dipo back to better FG, I don't oppose pairing him up with Payton again. We open things up for Harris by putting another wing in Gordon who can also play solid defense and get us rebounds in the interior. And, by golly, someone please get VUC some weights. He needs to get stronger and tougher.

I agree with a lot of this but we need to see if we can land an player who's been there. He doesn't have to be prehistoric, just someone who's consistent and gives this team a shot of an winning mindset from a player's perspective.

I don't think AG is quite there yet. He suffers the same thing Payton does. Aggressive one night, pedestrian like another.

I agree with a lot of this but we need to see if we can land an player who's been there. He doesn't have to be prehistoric, just someone who's consistent and gives this team a shot of an winning mindset from a players perspective.

I don't think AG is quite there yet. He suffers the same thing Payton does. Aggressive one night, pedestrian like another.

Perhaps. I agree with NOT PREHISTORIC. I actually think Frye for Ryan Anderson straight up would do a world of difference. Heck, let's throw in Dedmon too, while we are at it. Would they do Frye/Dedmon for Ryan Anderson? Is the mathematics plausible?

Perhaps. I agree with NOT PREHISTORIC. I actually think Frye for Ryan Anderson straight up would do a world of difference. Heck, let's throw in Dedmon too, while we are at it. Would they do Frye/Dedmon for Ryan Anderson? Is the mathematics plausible?

Why will NO do it? They have no need nor they want anything to do with Frye and his contract.

They will probably request a player like fournier in addition if they are taking Frye's contract.

Is it worth it for Orlando? Not sure but it is just going to be a rental for sure.

I would be for RA if he played defense. We need someone who doesn't hurt us offensively but really brings it defensively on an consistent basis.

Yeah and he's a FA so...

I would be for RA if he played defense. We need someone who doesn't hurt us offensively but really brings it defensively on an consistent basis.

Yeah and he's a FA so...

I say we trade Vuc and Fournier or Vuc and Harris for Cousins.