Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAMETHREAD: TORONTO RAPTORS VS ORLANDO MAGIC

— Elfrid Payton and Aaron Gordon made it through the Orlando Magic’s morning shootaround with no problems, and they are expected to play when their team faces the Toronto Raptors today atThe O2, Magic coach Scott Skiles said.

Payton has missed the last four games with a left-ankle bone bruise, while Gordon sprained his right ankle inpractice Wednesday.

“I’m good enough to play,” Paytonsaid following the Magic’s 40-minute shootaround at Imperial College London.

It’s unclear whether Payton will start or come off the bench today.

Skiles may ease him back into action, especially since the Magic are facing the Raptors. When Orlando beat Toronto earlier this season, Payton was ineffective—so ineffective that he wasn’t subbed back into the game after Skiles subbed out his starters en massewith 7:53 remaining in the third quarter.

Skiles declined to disclose his starting lineup when asked about it this morning.

Today’s game arrives at a critical juncture for the Magic. They have lost five of their last six games. Payton’s absence has had something to do with the issues, but the truth is the team’sdefense was starting to slip even before he suffered his bone bruise on Jan. 2.

Gordon being able to play is welcome news for Orlando. The 20-year-old forward has played his best basketball of the season lately.

Orlando Magic vs. Toronto Raptors

WHERE: The O2, London. WHEN: 3 p. m. (Eastern Standard Time)

BROADCAST: TV — Fox Sports Florida. RADIO — 580 AM (WDBO). SPANISHBROADCAST — 98.1 FM (WNUE).

THE BUZZ: This will be the sixth regular-season NBA game ever played inLondon. . . . The game is more important for the Magic (20-18) than it is forthe Raptors (24-15). Orlando has lost five of its last six games and needs tostart playing better. . . . The Magic have struggled against the Raptors inrecent years. But on Nov. 6 in Orlando, the Magic beatthe Raptors 92-87 and snapped an 11-game losing streak to the Raptors.Five Magic players scored in double figures, with Tobias Harris chippingin a team-high 20 points. Toronto shooting guard DeMar DeRozan scored agame-high 23 points. . . . In London, the game will tip off at 8 p.m. . . . The Magic will be considered the home team, so the franchise will run the arena’s on-court presentation.

24gj5tk.jpg

http://www.orlandose...60114-post.html

• Upvote 1

I can see David Steele and Jeff Turner! Corey Joseph is shooting jumpers in the basket right in front of me! Vuc is shooting jumpers in the far hoop! I can't control my excitement!

• Upvote 2

I can see David Steele and Jeff Turner! Corey Joseph is shooting jumpers in the basket right in front of me! Vuc is shooting jumpers in the far hoop! I can't control my excitement!

im happy for you and all the other magic fans that get to experience something we sometimes take for granted.

Ahh I wish I could be there as well

Just how I'd feel if I was there

Come on Magic!

sad thing is it's just a really bad last 2 minutes

Yup and that turned to a 14 point lead...insane

I've noticed were really bad at fighting off big runs like that ...we seem to breakdown and give up on plays defensively