Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

May not do anything else today maybe, but there is a few days left and I'm sure Rob will be looking for a suitor for Frye. At this point I'd take almost anything we could get for him since Ilyasova makes him pointless to have on the roster.

Rob made this deal, because it was a calculated and smart move.

Rob didn't make this deal.

Martins made this deal because he only knows how to trade away a star and to trade for salary.

This team will always suck until you fire this guy.

its his conjecture.

but he's probably 80% correct.

Skiles "I need vets!!!"

Hennigan "how can I appease him without destroying our future?" "how about we trade for two of your old players"

Skiles "fantastic!"

I get that, but doesn't trading for two of his former players at our two most needed positions make perfect sense? This team desperately needed a PG with experience - check. We've been trying to get a decent stretch 4 - check. Everyone here agrees we needed to offload Harris' contract to stay fluid in the future - check.

Jennings and Illyasova will need virtually no time to pick up the defensive scheme, as they were playing in it just a few years ago. Skiles gets what he wanted, help to make a playoff push. Hennigan gets his stretch 4 and more financial flexibility. The fans get to see more Vic/Fournier/Hezonja/Gordon playing time. Everybody wins.

I get why Skiles would love this. What I don't get is why Hennigan wouldn't. And what does Martins have invested in this? It was and is a strange comment by Magicman28.